Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How and What Documents Do I Need To Register With The NZ Electricity Board?

Default How and What Documents Do I Need To Register With The NZ Electricity Board?

Hi Everyone

Im new to this forum and am thinking of emigrating to New Zealand with my family. I work as an electrician and also run a small off License.
    I really dont know what the requirements are for gaining a visa, nether mind what visas im eligible to apply for.(if any)
    Ive been told before i can submit an EOI, i have to register with the NZ electricity Board. Does anyone know what documentation they require and if you have to use an agent to submit the documentation etc?

Thanks

Jason

Hello.

You don't need to use an agent for any of your submissions. All the information is publicly available without cost, and a private person is able to follow the instructions on the Immigration NZ website, to put in their application themself.

To start to understand the possibilities for you, among the various visas, you will need to start to read the INZ website. Here's where to start for the work visas, and Residence under the Skilled Migrant Scheme (and EOI is part of that one). http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/ You need to follow up links on the different pages, to see the requirements. Then, because you mention running your own business, you could look here, as that is another possible route. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/invest/

Here are links to many old threads on this forum, where electricians have talked about the process of setting themselves up for working in NZ. http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclie...iw=818&bih=519

Hi

Thanks for the info.... I do not think the business visa will be of any use to me, because i think the least amount you can invest is 1.5 mill dollars.
    So, it looks like ill have to get my qualifications and work experience accessed. i notice by some of the past posts there seems to be some "template" for letters that need to be submitted to the accessing authorities that may help when applying. Could you tell me if this is correct and if so, where would i find it?
    Please excuse my naivety, ive never really used a forum before, and im very green when it comes to navigating sites.
    Once again thank you for you help.

Jason

The investment angle isn't under the Long Term Business Visa - that's to do with the Entrepreneur visas which are listed in the same section. The business requirements are here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

There is a helpful thread here, with links off it, written by people who are going through or have gone through the process. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40145 When it comes to the example of work experience which they mention (often referred to as a template, but it's not, in fact), I have a copy of that. I can send it to you in due course. You will need to have made five posts on any thread before the forum's automatic system switches on your ability to send and receive Private Messages. (You will find at that point that if you click on someone's username over one of their posts, PMing will be one possibility in the dropdown box.)

Don't worry about finding your way around the site being new to you - everyone has to start somewhere. If you have any particular problems over how to do something, just put a question on this thread, and I (and, I'm sure, other people) will try to help.

Hi JandM

Thanks for the advise. I will have a good look at the requirements for a long term business visa as well as the skilled visas availiable to me. I look forward to seeing the copy of the work experience example. Ive spoken to me employer about my aspirations, and he says there is no problems with me getting references of them.
    So, id better start posting!!!
    Thanks

You can do a one-word post about nothing, and you will then have your five. Just reply and tell me, 'Yes,' for instance!

yes!

nice one!

what a mixed bag of tricks the weather is throwing at us today!

Am i over doing this? lol

thanks JandM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast