Thread: Complicated situation - got a job offer due to Silver Fern visa and residence pending since 05-sep-2012

Default Complicated situation - got a job offer due to Silver Fern visa and residence pending since 05-sep-2012

Now It started to be complicated, I already got my Silver Fern visa in August 2012 and my EOI has been selected in 2nd of May 2012 with 125 points without offer. My ITA has been accepted in 05 september2012. Moreover, I landed in Auckland 26 Jan 2013, I did some interviews and got Job offer when I back to my location. Now I emailed my Job offer to the INZ and they informed my that they will allocate my case to a case officer as soon as possible. this was 3 weeks back and until now everything still pending. I am travelling tomorrow to CHch to start my work there. I don't know if 3 weeks are long time or not to allocate a case officer. I have some questions related to my case:
    1) What the job offer will do for me regarding the assessment? It will be similar to the one who doesn't have offer or No?
    2) I was selected from the pool as I have 125 points, Does the job offer affect the points and it will be increased specially it is from accredited employer but it is not in its core function.
    3) What if they didn't satisfy by the evidence which I has supply for my work experience, do they overcome that because I have not Job offer or they will decline the application? and if this will happen, Can I apply again? I am asking this question, because I just got an experience letter and Job description from my first employer and I worked for him 1 year and half. I don't have job offer, Contract and the issue that this company has been closed. I am still has a connection with the General Manager of this company so I can let him right a statutory declaration if needed, and for the payslip, In that time in my country we was paid by cash not wire transfer.
    4) If I communicated with INZ and send them my new location, do they transfer my case to the new location? and does this slow down the time needed to finalize the residence?

JandM, I need your advice in the above.

Cheers,
    Hatem

I'm assuming your job offer is for a skilled job, in line with the skill proved by your qualifications.

1) What the job offer will do for me regarding the assessment? It will be similar to the one who doesn't have offer or No?
    Having a job will mean that you don't have to have a CO interview. Those interviews are to assess how you can fit into NZ society, and if you will be easily employable - it's taken that, since someone HAS employed you, that has proved the point. Your qualifications and everything you said about yourself on your ITA will still be checked out, however.
    2) I was selected from the pool as I have 125 points, Does the job offer affect the points and it will be increased specially it is from accredited employer but it is not in its core function.
    Points are only relevant to getting your EOI selected. You had already been selected, so they should not apply to you any more, UNLESS for some reason they found that you had mistakenly claimed something. But with a job offer in hand, 100 points and over is sufficient to have a case selected. Therefore, supposing during checking, they disallowed 25 of your points, you would STILL have a right to be having your case processed, since you now have the job offer as well.
    3) What if they didn't satisfy by the evidence which I has supply for my work experience, do they overcome that because I have not Job offer or they will decline the application? and if this will happen, Can I apply again? I am asking this question, because I just got an experience letter and Job description from my first employer and I worked for him 1 year and half. I don't have job offer, Contract and the issue that this company has been closed. I am still has a connection with the General Manager of this company so I can let him right a statutory declaration if needed, and for the payslip, In that time in my country we was paid by cash not wire transfer.
    I am not sure here if you are talking about the employer, or INZ, when you say 'they'. To prove past job experience for INZ purposes, you need a letter from SOMEONE who was in a position to know about your work, even if the company has since closed. The letter needs to state your start and end dates, the qualifications you had to have to get the job, your responsibilities, and the fact that you were working using the skills of your qualification throughout. Your general manager sounds just the right kind of person to write this for you, and of course, he should state what position he held and why he knows about your work. He should also be available at the contact details given while your case is being worked upon, because INZ will want to check with him that your application is telling the truth. As long as you got a letter from him and supplied it to INZ, this should cause no problems at all - many people on the forum have had to do exactly the same.
    4) If I communicated with INZ and send them my new location, do they transfer my case to the new location? and does this slow down the time needed to finalize the residence?
    When you update your address with INZ, they will automatically transfer the case to the INZ office dealing with where you have moved to. All the work done so far by your present office will still count.

JandM, Always you are very helpful to everybody in the forum.
    For : "I'm assuming your job offer is for a skilled job, in line with the skill proved by your qualifications"
    Yes, My job offer is exactly matching my qualifications. as per NZQA I have been assessed as having Bachelor of Computer Science level 7, and my Job offer position is IT functional Analyst.
    For Number 3, I am talking about INZ. For the first employer I already have an employment certificate in the company letter head, stamped and signed by the General Manager. It states my position in the organization, start and End dates, mentioning that I was working as a full time employee. and beside that I will provide the statutory declaration for this GM as well.

I have a question, regarding the transfer of the case, How long does it take for transferring from London to Christchurch, as currently I am belong to London branch and I will be in Christchurch after 2 days? and what about my original documents?

On the question of transferring your case, obviously the INZ computers in all their centres are in touch, so information online is immediately available to the new office. As far as hard copies and original documents are concerned, my understanding is that they go by mail, so the new office will have them in the time in takes airmail to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    On the question of transferring your case, obviously the INZ computers in all their centres are in touch, so information online is immediately available to the new office. As far as hard copies and original documents are concerned, my understanding is that they go by mail, so the new office will have them in the time in takes airmail to go.
    I sent an E-mail yesterday to London office regarding my move to Chch and surprisely, she informed me that my application is already assigned to a case officer. but I didn't get any E-mail regarding this allocation neither from the CO herself or any other one in INZ-London. Is it normal to not get E-mail for assigning?

Currently, I am moving, once I got a permament address there I will inform the INZ by this address to get any formal mails.

There seems to be NO norm at all for notifying applicants about case officers. Some of them tell you, and some of them don't. There have been people on the forum who thought they were still waiting to be assigned one, then they had a call to make arrangements for their CO interview - so ALL the verification had already been done, but the CO hadn't needed more information, so they had never suspected the case was being worked.

Finally, The CO contacted me and she asked for some additional documents, like the proof of marriage, my New address in Chch and some, the two points which I want to clarify are the following:
    Case officer asked me to fill "National Security Check Forms" for me and my wife, and it contains the most important questions " Have you ever been refused a visa/Permit to visit, work, study or reside in any country including NZ?" I think she sent me this form as me, my wife and my son applied for USA tourist visa and they refused to give it to us because we didn't have family ties in the country which I was reside in that time. I already got an official E-mail from the US consulate mentioning that this refusal is not permanent and it was due to insufficient family ties in the country. I mentioned this already in my ITA submission along with a copy from the US consulate Email. So what is the percentage to pass the National security check if I have been refused a USA visa before and the refusal was due to family ties not more than this. I need your inputs JandM in this case, I still remember that you are the one who advised me to communicate with US consulate and bring this email from them so many thanks for this brilliant idea.

Cheers, Hatem

The public has never been told exactly why certain applicants get asked to fill in the extra National Security Check forms. You can GUESS that it might be because of your refusal from the US, but for other people, it has seemed likely that it was because they have lived or worked in places with a history of civil unrest, or a government with a system of fewer civil liberties (and INZ want to check they haven't been involved personally). Nobody knows about a 'pass mark' for this form. You aren't going to be able to work things out. I know it's natural to want to foresee all possible difficulties and prepare, but in this case, all you can do is wait, and react only to whatever INZ ask you. You've done all you can for the time being.

JandM, did u see any one in this forum or other forums got refused in this security form? And does the refusal of US tourist visa affect although it has been refused because of lack a family ties in my residence place in that time