Thread: Immigration case declined.... advice required as to way forward

Exclamation Immigration case declined.... advice required as to way forward

Dear Seniors, Am currently settled in Dubai, UAE.

Just recently, My NZ immigration has been declined.

Reason 1: My CO considers that I haven't applied for jobs in NZ and haven't mention in my email reply what employers are of my interest. I mentioned in earlier threads on this forum that I am increasing my professional qualifications and skill set by doing CPA and CISSP. This fact, I have written to my CO but she doesn't seem convinced.

Reason 2: In my interview, I said that I would hunt for job when I will get the visa. My interview was declined. Then I realized that unless I have a job offer in hand it would be very difficult to get NZ visa, so I mentioned in my interview clarification that after doing CPA and CISSP I will apply for jobs on different website and come for job search on visit visa. My CO is also concerned about this conflict between my earlier response and response after Interview. But I really meant it.

I have two options forward:

1st, I apply for appeal with Tribunal, as my CO has indicated in her email that I may go for it (I dont know what would be the outcome of the appeal. Based on above facts, are there any chances that case would turn in my favor)

2nd. I increase my qualification and designation profile here in Dubai in one to two years time, I apply for jobs on internet or come to NZ on visit visa for job hunt. This was the same technique I used for getting job in Dubai (I dont know if one can do job hunt on visit visa in NZ)

I am indifferent about the above two options, rather inclined towards the 2nd one, Please guide.

Thanks

Second route is a proper one. Your CO is right to 'feel' that you have not done your 'homework' regarding recruitment market for your profession in NZ. For instance, 'planning to do CISSP' can be demonstrated by showing payment receipts towards exam.

Also, it would be good if you can see other members' posts about job market in NZ, to give you an idea about the ground reality.

All the Best!

You should start applying for jobs and show that you have done some look around, otherwise the CO would object to your application.
    Good Luck!

Many thanks Otaku and rv1103

I will really appreciate advice from other members of the forum. Please read my case and comment

Thanks

The interview is to judge your ability and readiness to fit into NZ society, and your employability, and part of this is that the applicant is ready and keen to begin working immediately in NZ, to give NZ the benefit of their skill as soon as possible. Therefore, to give the impression that you are in the middle of studying, and won't look for work till later, is the wrong thing to do.