Thread: Evidence of Partnership

Red face Evidence of Partnership

Hey everyone!

So i'm applying for my first year of the Partnership based Work Visa, currently getting all my things together!
    The thing is, it's been a bit of a whirlwind 5-6 months with my partner - we didn't really collect a lot of evidence (receipts/photos etc). Basically, long story cut short, my partner was diagnosed with cancer, and my main concern was looking after him and doing everything i could for him - i didn't really get round to thinking to collect all our receipts from groceries etc!!

Basically what we will have for our application is:

Personal:
    -Timeline written by myself
    -Support letter from my partner
    -Photographs
    -some receipts (mostly from this month for groceries/some purchases we made together/cinema/petrol)
    -Cinema tickets
    -support letters from my coworker, my mother and his mother
    -Envelopes addressed to me (c/o my partner) at our address
    -Facebook status - public recognition of our relationship/comments on pictures together etc.
    -Text Messages dating back to the beginning of our relationship, and from then onwards.

Official:
    -Contract showing our residence at his mother's house
    -Our names on the electrical, telephone and internet bills
    -Our joint bank account statement - with our own bank statements to show transfers to that account.
    -Joint bank account statement - showing purchases made together
    -Letter from the landlord's agent confirming my residence and move-in date
    -Partner's medical cert - as evidence to his illness to show i'm not fabricating the situation
    -Police Certificates

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I hope this will be sufficient, as it's quite difficult to collect evidence when you're just naturally progressing in a relationship and don't think u need to keep things from way back or hold onto receipts from things etc! Sure everyone knows what i'm talking about

After posting on here a few times already, i have to say how grateful i am that there are people out there willing to help and give great advice! It really gives such peace of mind and i'm really grateful to have this help and advice from you guys

Many thanks,
    Luce x

Do you have insurance that may help - e.g. life insurance with the other as beneficiary, or car insurance with the other as named driver?

Good luck, and I hope your partner's health is improving now.

I am very sorry to hear your partner was so sick and really hope he is better now!!!

Sounds like you have a lot of evidence of partnership. We didn't even present half of what you are listing. Do you have proof that you have lived together for min. of 12 months? The rest shouldn't be too difficult.

We sent our papers together, me for a work to residence visa, him for a partnership based work visa, with me sponsoring him. We were assigned one CO and she called me one day after our envelope arrived at the embassy in London to request more evidence of us being in a romantic relationship.

We had sent bills addressed to the same house and our rental agreement with the landlady. Our CO explained to me that all of that only shows we are living at the same address but we could as well be flat mates.

James sent our CO an email outlining the start of our relationship, which wasn't straight forward either. We had met just before he was to embark on a motorbike trip through Central and South America. So basically the first 12 months of our relationship were on the go as I visited and joined him as much as I could on the trip. He scanned pages of his old passport, showing entry and leaving stamps of countries we had visited together, who matched the ones in my passport, Christmas cards of friends and family written to both of us and pictures from our trips.

She was happy with that evidence and we had our visas approved 2 days later.

What you are listing seems more than enough!

May I ask whether your partner is a Kiwi?

Hanna

Thanks so much for your replies

JandM - No we don't have any form of insurance unfortunately - we will look into this though as i hadn't thought of that - hopefully what we have will be enough evidence of our relationship and commitment to each other!

Hanna - i have proof we are living together, but not for 12months - the initial partnership visa for one year doesn't require a 12 month minimum living time, which is great for us as it hasn't been that long yet I'm hoping this will all be enough proof - i can't really think of anything else!
    Congrats on having your visas approved!!
    Yes, my partner is a Kiwi

Luce x

Hi,
    Sorry to hear about your partner health condition. I know how important for you to get the working visa approve. Anyway I guess you had sufficient evidence, mine is even not half of that. We didn't submit join bank account as we don't had before. And yet I got my application approved just this week.
    So I'm confident that your application will be successful and its more better if you can able to gather more supporting letters from your friends or family to add on. And you need to take medical exam too.
    I'm from Asia and my partner is a kiwi.
    I hope this msge can help you to lesser your worries.
    Good luck to your application !!

Thankyou so much for your reply! And congratulations on your visa approval!!

how long does the processing time normally take?

Thanks

Luce x

We just sent a bunch of photos of us, a letter detailing a timeline of our relationship, joint tenancy agreement, some official bills (utilities and council tax), some holiday itineraries/tickets and thats about it...
    As far as the process.. once we had all the medicals etc done.. We sent off our application at the same time - got it back a week later (fail lodgement - I totally forgot to include my degree certificate (oops) ) - sent it back, and again, exactly a week later - we were both approved

luce, once our paperwork had arrived at the visa application center, which took three days (from Ireland to the UK), we got a call one day later in regards to more proof of being in a relationship. Another two days later we could track our visas being approved through their tracking function on the website. Another 5 days later we had our passports back. 11 days from the day we sent the passports until we had them back.

I would call that fast

Hanna

Hi.
    I got random question. And might sound stupid.
    How did you get your record of Text Messages dating back to the beginning of our relationship, and from then onwards?
    Did you just transfer them from your phone and print them out? I guess its only possible with iPhones and smartphones right? Or did you contact your mobile provider?
    Thank you so much