Thread: Anyone run/own an SaaS in NZ?

Default Anyone run/own an SaaS in NZ?

Hey there, I'm gonna be moving to NZ within the next year from now. And I was interested in the Long Term Business Visa, and so far everything that's required for getting it is going so far so good but have some questions, but possibly might just get a standard visa as well, still debating which one to get, because my business isn't two years yet (which I think is the requirement for getting a Long Term Business Visa, right?).

If you own or know about SaaS (Software as a Service), and you run a business with it (preferably from your home), and your clients are based worldwide, what would be the process for myself to making the transition into making sure I can qualify it for that type of Visa?

I can use any recommendations from anyone that would know the process of it. Basically here's my situation,

I'm single, and I run a SaaS business from my house. I'm wanting to move to New Zealand and still run it from there. I have no issues with opening a bank account in NZ either. Servers are based here in the USA, and more than likely they will stay here also. When I do move to NZ, I would want to hire some locals to help run it, possibly hire anywhere from 3-5 locals.

Any tips are helpful, Thanks!

Hey, I'm just a NZ Citizen (two of us use this account, my partner is from overseas) who knows what SaaS means (of course I know! I'm a web designer) but I just thought I'd write I hope you do get a visa and come :-) You sound exactly like who NZ needs to attract more of!

I wonder if at last resort you could maybe even just get a standard visitor visa and that might cover you initially? (as all your "work" and income could be said to be done offshore)

Hi Baurox,

I'm not to sure how your getting on with your visa or if your still moving forward with your application to live here in NZ, either way Id be interested in talking to you further about your services

Regards
    Jayson

Datacom supply us with SaaS, which part of SaaS are you planning to hire for - your best bet might be Auckland