Thread: moving stuff on visitor visa

Default moving stuff on visitor visa

Okay not sure if this is better in immigration section or moving, but anyway. As I am going to be entering nz on visa waiver , and my stuff arriving some weeks after...will I have to inevitably pay customs fees? (I am doing the applying for work to partnership visa thing once in the country.) My partner is a New Zealand Citizen. Is there no legal way to send him the stuff , as though it belongs to him or something? Obviously I don't want to do anything illegal as such, but just thought there may be a way this. It's not a lot of stuff and no furniture.

From our experience, if you are on a visitor visa when your stuff arrives, you will have to pay customs. Once upon a time, they would refund it if you got a different visa within a year, but I guess they stopped allowing this in [I think] 2009. I really tried to get them to change their stance, but no such luck.

Thanks for that-was it a massive amount? I realise of course it depends on how much you bring over....but was it soul destroying?

This might help you to work it out. http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/...s/default.aspx