Thread: Details for BANK DRAFT Prepration for GBP1200 Payment to INZ London Branch.

Default Details for BANK DRAFT Prepration for GBP1200 Payment to INZ London Branch.

Hello Everyone,

I am living in KSA and I am planning to pay my ITA GBP1200 fee via Bank Draft. But I am not sure what are the details of Beneficiary.

For this reason I contact INZ Customer Service and they asked me to follow lilke this:
    "Bank draft will be payable to Immigration New Zealand and sent to Immigration New Zealand , New Zealand House, 80 Haymarket, London".

But when I visited SAAB bank for this reason. They are asking Beneficiary Bank Acoount, Swift Code, Bank Adress....etc

So anyone here can share his experience if someone paid fee via BANK DRAFT to INZ London Branch.

Thanks

Nazir

A bank draft looks like a cheque but is drawn against the bank acount of the issuing bank (of course they make sure you have the funds and take them from your account). They are seen to be a safer form of payment for the beneficiary (or payee), as (usually) they will be guaranteed to get the money. This is what makes them different to a personal cheque. But they are a physical piece of paper. Hence you are being asked to put INZ in as the payeee and then post it to Haymarket.

What your bank is talking about is an electronic transfer of funds. If you have the bank account details (sort code, swift etc) then your bank can 'push' an electronic payment through.

I am not sure why your bank didn't understand you were asking for the first option - it may be because I think they are called demand drafts in Saudi?

Hi Nazir,

You do not need Bank Account, SWIFT address, bank address etc. for a Draft. Those are only needed for Wire Transfers/Telegraphic Transfers.

What they need to know is that Immigration New Zealand London Branch is based in the UK (so that SAAB can send the GBP1200 to one of their correspondent banks in the UK - so when Immigration New Zealand banks the cheque, it is a LOCAL transaction).

Make sure the Draft is made payable to "Immigration New Zealand".

This is only needed, when you transfer online. You need to ask the SAAB guy to get you a Demand Draft - in GBP, payable in London. They have the facility to do so, can visit any branch.
    Or you can go to Rajhi Tahweel and get the draft created, they too have the facility.