Thread: The eternal waiting

Question The eternal waiting

Hello Everybody

I have been living in NZ for 4 years. Me and my partner applied for residence last year August under SMC. We both studied here and have skill jobs that match our qualifications. Our case is in Henderson branch but NOTHING seems to happen... According to them we have been sent to "central verification unit" more than 2 weeks ago but neither of our employers or references have had been contacted.

It has been 7 months now waiting for a CO and Im walking in the walls of stress.

Anybody with similar situation that can share your processing times???

Thanks!

I have seen long waiting period for PR for people emigrating from certain countries, ins spite of them being in NZ for years. 7 months is awfully long...keep your spirits up and all the best!

i have the similar situation and my application also in henderson branch ...one of my friend got residency with in 3 months from this branch ....but in my case CO is not allocated yet ...itz too long

When you apply for Residence from within NZ, it is common for it not to have a high priority. The thinking seems to be - well, this person is already in NZ on a visa, legally working, so what's their hurry? - which of course doesn't take account of the applicant's natural wish to have everything settled and to feel 'safe'. It often happens that when an applicant writes to INZ and says, 'My (whatever) visa is due to run out in about eight weeks' time. Is it likely my Residence will be through in time, or do I need to apply for something else?' magically their Residence *happens* within a few days.

One more thing - you do not always get told you have a CO. We have had people on the forum who had no idea their case was already being worked, then they finally got a call and everything was done - the CO hadn't needed to ask them for more information, so they hadn't been in touch at all.

Thanks guys for sharing.

JandM unfortunately (and actually the idea came from you) i tried to play the "expiring visa" card but it didnt work. My work visa was expiring this week and when i talked to them about it like one month ago, they said... Well you dont have a CO yet, so there's little chance you have you residence procesed by the end of your work visa, they advise me to apply for another work visa and not taking the risk to be ilegal. I applied for another work visa which was approved in 2 days...
    It is kind of unfair that if we are working and legal, they just leave us waiting forever, my partner is missing good business offers for not having the precious blue sticker

Otaku, thanks for the wishes... Dont think our nationalities are related with the delay friends of my same country have been processed with similar cases in as short as 1 month... LUCK maybe? My partner is German n im Colombian.

Just know that seems immigration has changed the way they handle the cases, now your case goes through many hands and only when you pass many checks you get a CO.

Ah... That's a shame. I guess the expiring visa gives a push in the right direction if something is already well on and really just waiting for paperwork.

Hello Friends..

i have also applied from Henderson branch.. We applied in Nov 2011 n still waiting..My husband's Medical was not clear till Dec 2012 as he has diabetes..
    I am also confused about CO bcoz d mail i received last week was from Central Verification Unit...is she only d CO or she is any other lady?....i dont know how they works..She called my Husband last month n took his interview..thn last week also v received her mail askin for salary slips, IRD and Bank statements which i provided same day...
    my visa was also expiring in dis week n our agent mailed them last month also but didnt get any result yet so finally v applied for further work visa..waiting for further work visa..
    n the funny thing was v applied for 2 year work visa in last August only but they only gave us 6 months visa as my husband's medical was not clear...so again paying work visa fees for 3 of us..

What a complete waste of time, I'm on ITA stage and still collecting all the documents so I can lodge ASAP.

Hi gatipeq ,

i have applied on 21 st November 2012 and my file is back to henderson branch..
    i have studied many case. if your file is in central verification department then it will take 6 week to get verified. you are expecting for around two months more to be contact from immigration nz.

This is very frustrating. I see all cases advancing except for mine... Even cases lodged in the same branch but 4 months after mine seem to be having more movement. Verification unit has not call us or our bosses, they haven't request any documents... Is it good or bad that they do not contact us?