Thread: And.....its off!

Default And.....its off!

Well, after many months waiting for the day to arrive the container has been and gone. Crown relocations came and packed everything yesterday, container turned up today and then the tears came!! Whilst i know moving to NZ will open doors for our children and already has for my husband, its a very emotional experience seeing your life being taken away not to be seen till june! My husband is already over in Wellington and has got the house we are going to rent over there sorted although he now is currently in america with work for a few days. Still, it feels so numb, everyone asking the same questions and i find i just switch off sometimes which is itself really rude but i feel numb with all the planning and thinkin!!

We have 18 more sleeps until me and my 2 boys fly over to start our new life.....!! not really sure why o posted this as there isnt really anything of any use to anyone in the post but just wanted to ramble!

Hang in there. ((())) It's a really stressful time, and most of the people around you won't have any idea at all of what you have had to sort out and what you are having to think about, so OF COURSE you can post on here and know that there will be people nodding in understanding, and saying, 'That's perfectly normal'. This too will pass.

I sobbed when my container left too! I don't think it is unusual it is just the realization that it is happening. There are last minute nerves, panic and all the goodbyes...I shed so many tears in the last few weeks....but when you get on the plane excitement takes over...and as the mother of two sons I can honestly say that I think your kids will love it!

Rambling is good. It's a hard enough feeling when you move house anyway, when the lorry drives off with all your worldly goods, and usually you will be seeing them again in a few hours. I think there is always that kind of feeling when you move on, however much you may want that change to happen. So hang in there, it will all be good and you new life will be amazing

Initially i felt empty, then i felt strange not having any house keys or any possessions, then i laughed cos it was so freeing and that changed to excitement of what was to come. Deep breath your next leg of the roller coaster is about to begin.

Thanks guys x Dont get me wrong, im not stressing toooooo much i think its more the fact that my husband is already there and im at this end on my own with the 2 boys and still working. Feels like i am being crushed with the amount of organising that needs to be done and still have a bit of work to do in the house for any potential tennents. Hubby is having a great time in new orleans which makes me worse grr lol!! Anyway, got gas, electric, taxes sorted today so getting there and now only 17 sleeps till we set off!!!