Thread: Resident visa approved, but what does it mean?

Default Resident visa approved, but what does it mean?

Hi All,
    I checked the immigration website for my application status, it stated that my residence application has been approved, however, there is no expiry date written on it. Can it be assumed that my application has been approved? is it a resident visa or WTR? can you tell by looking at the website or do I need to wait for the official notification from INZ.

cheers,
    GZ

To My understanding it has to be "Resident" and approved, but wait for other people to comment on this case. How long did this take after Interview and how manu points you have, with / w/o Job Offer?

When it just says 'approved', it's residence. If it were to be the SMC JSV, there would be extra lines and talk about a work visa as well.

Congratulations!

Start your celebrations !!

The interview itself was in July, via email, as I was not staying in NZ living overseas to carry out field research, however I lodged my application when I was still in Auckland.

I had between 140-160 points, couldn't remember exactly, but at the time of the visa application my wife had a full-time job that matched her education qualification, which was assessed by NZQA.

The status "Approved" indicates your Residence has been approved. You will get AIP letter from your CO in 2-3 days and if you dont get within that time you can send an email to CO asking for the next steps after approval. Then CO will send you AIP letter asking you to pay the migrant levy and specifies the location to which you have to send the passports for stamping.