Thread: National Security Check Forms questions

Default National Security Check Forms questions

Finally, The CO contacted me and she asked for some additional documents, like the proof of marriage, my New address in Chch and some, the two points which I want to clarify are the following:
    Case officer asked me to fill "National Security Check Forms" for me and my wife, and it contains the most important questions " Have you ever been refused a visa/Permit to visit, work, study or reside in any country including NZ?" I think she sent me this form as me, my wife and my son applied for USA tourist visa and they refused to give it to us because we didn't have family ties in the country which I was reside in that time. I already got an official E-mail from the US consulate mentioning that this refusal is not permanent and it was due to insufficient family ties in the country. I mentioned this already in my ITA submission along with a copy from the US consulate Email. So what is the percentage to pass the National security check if I have been refused a USA visa before and the refusal was due to family ties not more than this. I need your inputs JandM in this case, I still remember that you are the one who advised me to communicate with US consulate and bring this email from them so many thanks for this brilliant idea.

Cheers, Hatem

I answered this on your other thread.

Thanks very much JandM

JandM, sorry for bothering. But ihave some questions in my mind and I want just to reassure. For this checks if I am a good person and I did nothing for my entire life and I just got refused of to grant a tourist visa and this wasn't because any criminal or bad activities. It was because lack of ties in my residence country. Is this a reason can threat the national security? I feel that a lot of people comfront this refusal many times specially who are coming from middle east or from poor countries. Kindly give me your opinion regarding this point.

This truly should not be any kind of barrier. The question about refusal is ONLY because (like most countries) NZ do not allow known law-breakers to enter their country. You have given them the evidence, straight from US immigration, that the refusal in your case was NOT because of anything bad.

Thanks JandM, Sorry for keeping asking. But frankly speaking, I am very worry about that, As I am very straight person I didn't even take a peed fine in all my life, the only point is this refusal although I travelled a lot and visited a lot of countries and this refusal was unexpected. Again JandM, appreciate your help and make me reassure

You have focused on this refusal of a US visa, and guessed that that is the reason you have been asked to fill in the extra form. Honestly, though, I think it is much more likely that it's because you have lived at some time in a country where there has been civil unrest or a repressive regime, and NZ want to make sure you didn't have responsibility for any of that.

Default National Security Check & Additional Form

Hi all,

We have a deadline to submit our application for residence under Skilled Migrant Category visa. I'm the principal applicant and my wife is secondary applicant as a partner. Do we need to fill out both National Security INZ 1209 and Additional Form INZ 1200 for both of the applicants or just details about principal applicant is enough?

Your immediate response would be much helpful.

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I have been asked me to fill up INZ 1209 or 1200... This is how the letter reads.. Although it says you to complete. Can someone please confirm do i need to submit one for my parter also or Is't just me..Thanks for your help

IMPORTANT
    Completing INZ 1209 National Security Check Form
    OR
    INZ 1200 Additional Information Form

DEAR APPLICANT,

As part of your Invitation to Apply pack we have included an additional form for you to complete as above.

Please ensure that you fully and correctly complete the following sections:

• Remember to include your National ID number ( if applicable)
    • Education history – please ensure there are no gaps. You need to include secondary and higher studies, including any vocational training.
    • Employment history – please ensure there are no gaps. The instructions in this section specify that if for any periods you were not working, or studying, you should give the dates and explain how you supported yourself.

Please read the instructions for each section of the form carefully.

If any information in the form is in incomplete, we will have to request it at a later stage. This may cause further delays in the processing of your application.