Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Received mail from immigration saying initial assessment completed and further documents required.

Unhappy Received mail from immigration saying initial assessment completed and further documents required.

Hiya all,

I have lodged my residency file on 21st November. i have received first email on 14th January from immigration saying " i have completed initial assessment and note that further documents required to establish relationship with your wife. This mail only says name.............., immigration officer , henderson branch, Auckland. not saying if he is CO. I have submitted my documents on 27 January. I Asked in call center that who is my CO? but call center person said , you have got not CO yet. .. I am thinking that only CO does the initial assessment and henderson office is not the one where verification procedure being done. What is next? how long does it take to get respond from immigration on this kind of situation?

Please share your experience here .
    Last edited by vickysinh; 15th March 2013 at 06:30 PM.

It isn't necessary for you to have a CO yet for INZ officials to be doing something useful with your case. 'Initial assessment' isn't a special name for an INZ procedure - it's just another way of saying 'a first look through'. An official - whoever or whereever he is - has looked through your paperwork, and has seen that there will be a need for more evidence before your visa can be granted.

Don't get hung up on the actual title of the person who has sent you this message. Focus on what he has asked your for - once that information is in the file, it will be possible for it to be worked all the quicker when its turn comes.

Hi vickysinh

After 2 months I had sent all documents to the London branch an administrative assistance asked me for additional documents regarding my work experience. I was told that the additional documents would be helpfull for my case when a CO is assigned. I think administrative personnel just try to be sure that all documents are complete and in a right shape. Anyway their recomendations were advisable and I didn't provide any other documents in case my CO would ask for any other docs and I would be able to send it in one parcel.
    Just wait for your CO assignment and her/his requests would be mandatory indeed.

On the other hand, if you don't reply just because it's not a CO asking for documents, then you will be waiting all the longer for your final result, and part of the waiting will be time you could have saved yourself...

Thanks J & M for your briefing.

I have seen other candidate's Procedure who are onshore ( IN NZ ) . they have all the way different procedure. Never heard word initial assessment. i am in auckland but my procedure is going different way kinda i am out of new zealand. Do they ask more information or document after this? i have read many thread but none of it is clear that what happened directly after submitting additional documents. is this mean Verification is completed? i have also got information that my documents being verified in manukau branch and returned to Henderson branch on 14th February. how long does it take to be CO assigned? i have also checked that i have been asked to submit more documents by on of the CO in henderson branch panel. if he asked me for only relationship document then other documents and things are all right i guess!

Thanks for Responding my question in the Early morning J & M

i am bit tensed and need to know more information to stop my hair falling down!!
    Last edited by vickysinh; 16th March 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Auckland may process things differently due to receiving the largest % of all applications. Therefore they have more established workflow management processes for applications, that might remove incomplete applications that would cause delays later in the process.

If Immigration have found that your application does not have enough supporting information for your application to be processed, it may be put on hold until the additional information is received. So it could be in your best interests to provide the additional information requested.

Never heard word initial assessment.
    Like I said, it's not a set procedure. It's just different English words, saying someone has had a first look at your case.

Do they ask more information or document after this? i have read many thread but none of it is clear that what happened directly after submitting additional documents.
    You are doing what many people do - thinking, 'A certain thing happened to Mr X, therefore the same will happen to me.' This is A MISTAKE. Every person's case can be different.

We cannot tell if they will ask you for more information or documents. The official has seen that more evidence is needed.
    - One possibility - the extra evidence you have sent is clear, and they will need nothing more about that part of your life.
    - Another possibility - the extra evidence you have sent is NOT clear, and they will ask for something more so they can be certain you meet the rules.
    - A third possibility - the extra evidence you sent THIS time is fine, but later on, someone else will need to ask you for more information about a totally different point in your case.
    You will see from this, nobody can answer these questions you are asking. You need to be patient. You need to wait and see what the INZ officials will need from you, IF ANYTHING, and reply to them if and when you are asked. What happened to anybody else is totally irrelevant to YOUR case. Any other person does not have your work experience, your qualifications, your partnership - all these things are special to each person only, so every case can follow a different track, and yet still, all is well.

is this mean Verification is completed?
    No.

'Verification' is a word used at two stages of working the case. The CO is doing verification when s/he checks that every piece of evidence is true. So, contacting the university to ask, 'Is it right that Mr ABC has a BSc degree in XYZ subject awarded in 2001?' is verification. Contacting the Whatever Corporation, Inc., to ask if it's true Mr ABC worked there when he said he did, is verification. Contacting Anytown Primary School to ask if it's true that Mr and Mrs ABC have two children who attend class there, and live with Mr and Mrs ABC, is verification.

Then, at the end of the case, after all the checking of evidence is done, and after the CO has interviewed you (if you don't have a job offer), and has made a decision about the visa, the case has to be looked over by another official of the same or higher rank, before you can be told the decision. This is ALSO sometimes called 'verification', or else a 'second person check'. The purpose of it is to find any possible error the CO might have made, and as a guard against corruption.

So you see, you are not at the stage of either sort of verification yet.

how long does it take to be CO assigned?
    Nobody can tell you. See this old post which may help explain what you are waiting for. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....979#post455979

if he asked me for only relationship document then other documents and things are all right i guess!
    You have to hope so, and it's a case of 'so far, so good'! It doesn't mean that your own CO, later on, looking at your other evidence in more depth, could not need to ask more questions, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

Good Morning J & M

Your Explanation is so much Appreciated. All i need is just wait and see. I got your point. This column is very useful to Folk who are in the same situation.

Well enjoying rainy day and expecting to have Heat Down same as Weather in my case.

I will update my detail on outcome,

Thank You So Much J & M

For me the case officer mentioned that my qualification is under verification now. I thought that NZQA assessment is enough. But it seems that they are doing some sort of additional verification

Quote Originally Posted by hmlamie View Post
    For me the case officer mentioned that my qualification is under verification now. I thought that NZQA assessment is enough. But it seems that they are doing some sort of additional verification
    Two different kinds of verification are involved here. NZQA assesses the qualification and states what NZ qualification it would be equivalent to, and what level. Then the CO will verify, by asking the place that granted the qualification, that Mr Hmlamie, born on the date you told them, did INDEED attend their course and get their degree or certificate - in other words, they are making sure that you have not forged the certificate, or that it's not a real certificate but someone else has stolen it and subsituted the name.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast