Thread: Initial Assessement Done. Case Officer requires more documents

Default Initial Assessement Done. Case Officer requires more documents

Dear all,
    My CO finished her first assessment. She asked me to send her some more documents. Therefore, I want to know some information from the experienced people here to be sure that I will send the right documents.

1. She said: The medical assessor is now asking for further tests to assess whether you have an acceptable standard of health. These tests are:

- Fasting blood glucose

- HbA1c

- eGFR (or creatinine clearance)

- Ultrasound scan of liver

- ECG

What do you think the assessor wants to know exactly about my health??? Is there any danger to decline my application if he finds any problems in the above tests???

2. She said: I am unable to recognised Shereen’s qualification unless I am satisfied she meets the 6.5 IELTS score. Therefore is Shereen able to provide an IELTS test as well.

I did a mistake while I was filling the EOI, I wrote the evidence of my spouse's English proficiency is an IELTS scores 6.5 . When I sent my application ,I amended that mistake and said that the evidence is not an IELTS.It is a document from her university proves that the entire course is in English and only English. What I read here,that the required mark for the spouse's IELTS is 5.5 not 6.5. Should I tell my CO that what it was written in the EOI is incorrect,and the correct is what you saw in the application which is a proof from the spouse's university.
    What it makes me ask is the band she asked for which is 5.5 not 6.5. I think she didn't notice the amendments I did in the EOI when I send my application.

Please help me as soon as possible to be able to email her if I find it necessary to do so to clarify her my opinion especially IELTS for my spouse.

Thank you,
    Regards,
    Louay

What do you think the assessor wants to know exactly about my health??? Is there any danger to decline my application if he finds any problems in the above tests???
    When you had your medical, the examining doctor must have found some results which were abnormal. If ever the doctor ticks the 'abnormal' box, the CO must refer the medical to the Medical Assessors (MAs). The MAs are in a separate department. They have medical knowledge. Their job is to make sure as far as possible that nobody comes to live in NZ with an existing medical condition, the treatment of which would be likely to cost the NZ Health service more than NZ$41,000. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45634.htm The MA has asked for these tests so as to check this about your health.

The CO is not able to finalize any case and issue a visa until the MA says the medical is passable.

The tests the MA has asked for regard your blood sugar levels, and the function of your kidneys, liver and heart. It may be that there were false readings at your original medical, for instance, if you had eaten a very large meal, or you had taken concentrated exercise, in the few days immediately beforehand. In that case, further tests will show your functions as normal (only be careful to eat and exercise only moderately for a week before). On the other hand, you may already know you have some health problems, and in that case, there should be doctors already taking care of you. If you DON'T know of any problems, the next step should be to see a doctor to be referred for the tests, and, more importantly, so he can give you advice about taking care of yourself.

The MA will want the results of the tests, and, if any are abnormal, will want a doctor's assessment of your condition, what treatment is necessary, and what the likely outcome is over what period of time. If you don't know of any condition yet and abnormal readings at the medical are the first sign, then for the sake of your health, the best thing to do is to get some treatment started as soon as possible, without waiting for any other comment from the MA. Then at least, your doctor will be able to write a letter for the MA saying what he has found, what treatment has been started, and what the result has been already, in the (say) four weeks from the first appointment till the next reply from the MA.

English requirement for your wife. Since you mention recognizing your wife's qualification, I guess you are using some points from her to meet your total? In order to get these points, the partner's English has to be at the same level as a principle applicant's, that is 6.5. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42640.htm
    You say this.
    Should I tell my CO that what it was written in the EOI is incorrect,and the correct is what you saw in the application which is a proof from the spouse's university.
    And yes, I think that is your next step. Notice that the CO may still ask for an IELTS score, but would have to show a reason, and would have to allow time for this to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    When you had your medical, the examining doctor must have found some results which were abnormal. If ever the doctor ticks the 'abnormal' box, the CO must refer the medical to the Medical Assessors (MAs). The MAs are in a separate department. They have medical knowledge. Their job is to make sure as far as possible that nobody comes to live in NZ with an existing medical condition, the treatment of which would be likely to cost the NZ Health service more than NZ$41,000. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45634.htm The MA has asked for these tests so as to check this about your health.

The CO is not able to finalize any case and issue a visa until the MA says the medical is passable.

The tests the MA has asked for regard your blood sugar levels, and the function of your kidneys, liver and heart. It may be that there were false readings at your original medical, for instance, if you had eaten a very large meal, or you had taken concentrated exercise, in the few days immediately beforehand. In that case, further tests will show your functions as normal (only be careful to eat and exercise only moderately for a week before). On the other hand, you may already know you have some health problems, and in that case, there should be doctors already taking care of you. If you DON'T know of any problems, the next step should be to see a doctor to be referred for the tests, and, more importantly, so he can give you advice about taking care of yourself.

The MA will want the results of the tests, and, if any are abnormal, will want a doctor's assessment of your condition, what treatment is necessary, and what the likely outcome is over what period of time. If you don't know of any condition yet and abnormal readings at the medical are the first sign, then for the sake of your health, the best thing to do is to get some treatment started as soon as possible, without waiting for any other comment from the MA. Then at least, your doctor will be able to write a letter for the MA saying what he has found, what treatment has been started, and what the result has been already, in the (say) four weeks from the first appointment till the next reply from the MA.

English requirement for your wife. Since you mention recognizing your wife's qualification, I guess you are using some points from her to meet your total? In order to get these points, the partner's English has to be at the same level as a principle applicant's, that is 6.5. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42640.htm
    You say this. And yes, I think that is your next step. Notice that the CO may still ask for an IELTS score, but would have to show a reason, and would have to allow time for this to be done.
    Thanks dear. I am really thankful.

Still have a question:

What if the CO insists to have an IELTS for my wife. What if my wife doesn't get 6.5 in IELTS. What will happen?? Should I expect a decline or what??
    Regards,
    Louay

If your wife can't supply an IELTS at the 6.5 level, and for some reason, the CO was demanding IELTS rather than one of the other proofs, then the points for your wife's qualification could not be counted.

If without the points from her, your application would not have been selected, at that point your EOI would be put back into the pool.

But you are some way from that point. If your wife has not been using her English lately, she can do some practice, can't she? There are websites where you can find past papers so she can see what the IELTS test is like, and do some preparatory work.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If your wife can't supply an IELTS at the 6.5 level, and for some reason, the CO was demanding IELTS rather than one of the other proofs, then the points for your wife's qualification could not be counted.

If without the points from her, your application would not have been selected, at that point your EOI would be put back into the pool.

But you are some way from that point. If your wife has not been using her English lately, she can do some practice, can't she? There are websites where you can find past papers so she can see what the IELTS test is like, and do some preparatory work.
    I have 155 points with my wife's points. So if she can not get the 6.5 points the only thing the CO can do is to deduct the 20 points of my wife and I will be in the safe side bacause I will still have 135 points and my application will stay there for more processing without ANY effects on the decision of the CO about my application. Right or not??????

My wife is able to study and work for her IELTS .However, she has two problems: the first is that she is pregnant in twins and extremely tired. The second that it is the first time to have IELTS and know nothing about its style.
    Please reply.
    Thank you

I am sorry if your wife is tired. However, the requirement for proof of English is absolute. If INZ do not accept the university's letter, this result WILL BE needed. The CO will not accept pregnancy as a reason for delay.

She knows nothing about the exam - okay, then the procedure is the same as for any other study. Here is the official body to find out about the syllabus,
    http://www.ielts.org/ and here is an organization which helps you to prepare for the tests.
    http://www.ielts-exam.net/ Notice, this is just ONE of MANY http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugex...753e884ed8bf36 - some will charge money for the material, but others give online material she can work on for free. You and she need to choose what to use.

I have 155 points with my wife's points. So if she can not get the 6.5 points the only thing the CO can do is to deduct the 20 points of my wife and I will be in the safe side bacause I will still have 135 points and my application will stay there for more processing without ANY effects on the decision of the CO about my application. Right or not??????
    No, not right. I've found the report on the draw when your EOI was selected. http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...et20120711.pdf The only criteria used that time were those with 140 points or above, or 100 and above with job offer. Nobody with only 135 points and no job offer would have been selected that time. So you can't afford to lose your wife's points. Also, I've now realized that it is more than six months since your EOI was submitted, so it would not have the right still to be in the pool now - you would have to start another application.

@Louay
    I hope you are fine my friend. I see you are having two chalenges appeared concerning your medical tests needed, i believe you need to finish them soon and i hope medical assessors respond quickly to CO without delaying things. Concerning IELTS for wife, i think the proof you provided might not be enough, me and my wife completed all our school and college studies in english, but we studied also for IELTS before EOI. We studied from materials by ourselves without support or attending any sessions or courses. I advice you save time and try to help your wife to be ready and pass the exam. You can study, take exam and get results in about 30 days if you took it serious. ISA you will pass both challenges and get your stickers soon please let me know if you needed materials or so for IELTS.

Quote Originally Posted by szoghby View Post
    @Louay
    I hope you are fine my friend. I see you are having two chalenges appeared concerning your medical tests needed, i believe you need to finish them soon and i hope medical assessors respond quickly to CO without delaying things. Concerning IELTS for wife, i think the proof you provided might not be enough, me and my wife completed all our school and college studies in english, but we studied also for IELTS before EOI. We studied from materials by ourselves without support or attending any sessions or courses. I advice you save time and try to help your wife to be ready and pass the exam. You can study, take exam and get results in about 30 days if you took it serious. ISA you will pass both challenges and get your stickers soon please let me know if you needed materials or so for IELTS.
    Thanks dear. I really appreciate it. Actually ,medicals tests are easy and have no problem in them. My problem is in going for IELTS for my wife. She is fine and has no problem in English Lang. The problem is that she is pregnant in twins and really exhausted. I am not sure that she will be able to sit for 3 hour-exam. I have one hope now which is that the CO did not see my spouse's university document which says that she took the entire course in English. I have this hope because I attached my university document and my wife's with some other documents and copied emails from the Immigration Center Manager who received my IELTS form and sent me an email to prove that she received it. However,my CO asked me today to provide her with that IELTS form. I pray that she did not see my wife's university document . I sent her an email telling her the story and waiting her weekend to finish to reply.

I am thankful Mr. Szoghby for your feelings. Thanks a lot.
    Louay