Thread: Evidence of Close Family

Red face Evidence of Close Family

Hi folks,

quick question:

I will be claiming points for having close family (brother) in New Zealand. Reading the Application for Residence Guide (SMC), it says I need his birth certificate and evidence that NZ is his primary place of established residence. For the latter, it says I can use certified copies of various documents, but for the former it doesn't specify.

Before I ask my brother to send his original birth certificate by post to Germany from New Zealand, I thought I'd ask on here if anyone has any experience of this and whether a certified copy of a family member's birth certificate is sufficient?

cheers,
    Dom

Dom,

For the sibling relation evidences, you can send in the certified true copies of your brothers birth certificate & others.
    I did the same.

Hope this helps!

Hi Dom,

When I applied for my residency INZ just asked a letter from my sister stating that I am her sister and she is happy to support me in my application along with a certified copy of her passport and the last page of the passport which shows parent's names. I did not submit her birth certificate.

In this instance, I think it would be best if you call INZ and confirm if a JP certified copy would suffice your need.