Thread: Answer to Interivew Question

Default Answer to Interivew Question

Hi All

I have submitted my ITA and my BG(Background) verification has been done. sooner or later i am expecting Visa Interview. So, i have starteddoing my home work for visa interview.

I have been going through Interview Questions posted in this forum and came across one question "What barriers do you think you might encounter in getting a job?". I have few options in my mind to answer this... like i can say about picking up the Accent, cultral differences or lifestyles or work culture can be few barriers. But if i say so in my interview then i am sure it will not satisfy CO or these barriers will reflect a negativity about me.

Can someone please suggest me some better and more diplomatic answer to this...? Any thoughts\opinion\suggestions are welcome..!!

No doubt those are some very valid replies, and it's hard to see how the idea of a barrier won't be negative in part - however, you can use each example as a starting point for a comment on how you plan to get over that barrier, and that will show you in a positive light.

Thanks JandM.... you been tremedous as always...

I would put it into slightly positive manner, you can say that cracking the nut about NZ experience would be one challenge. Kiwi accent is not very different but you might have to constantly be on automated switching mode between accents - as chances are high that you will often find people of different origin in one meeting room.

Sun777.... Thanks for the input.

Yeah Accent is not a problem for me as i work in MNC.. so, i daily talk to my US/UK clients... i know its a very tricky question and it has to be answered diplomatically.

Anyways... thanks for such a crucial clue... i know how to take it from here..

AM following the thread here. Just curious. Am also waiting for CO assessment on my SMC application. I finished my masters in NZ. Is visa interview still necessary? Thanks

As long as you studied in NZ for at least two years for your Master's, no. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41494.htm (Although that is talking about the usual CO's interview, to assess ability to settle and contribute. Bear in mind that INZ can require any applicant for any visa to be interviewed for any reason if they think it necessary.)

Thanks JandM.

Default Interview?

Hi,
    My officer told me the NSC is complete and he is ready for an interview. He did not explain more...does it mean that I should wait to receive another email from him or he is waiting for me to set an interview date?

Ask him - there's no 'normal' here, just communication between you and your CO.