Thread: can i apply for a visitor's visa while in nz on visa waiver?

Default can i apply for a visitor's visa while in nz on visa waiver?

Please someone answer.... I have scoured the INZ.
    I will be coming to Nz on a visa waiver but it is my second time in 6 months..(so therefore wouldn't be able to come in again for another 6 months after that.) I did not want to go for visitor's visa initially for this second trip, as I thought they might be suspicious as to why I want such a long time (the reason being I want to get some living together time under our belts, for myself and my nz partner. So hence the visa waiver approach again-but then that's cutting it a bit fine if only given three months, to start living together (apart from our 12 days together , as our relationship has otherwise been on Skype , internet for the last year) and then put in application for year visa for temporary work permit under partnership and having the whole thing wrapped up in just three months.

So-is it possible to apply on a visa waiver visitors visa , for a visitor visa while in nz? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

I think the reason why nobody has replied is that they're like me, and don't know an answer for you.
    It's not a common situation.

Anyway, some thoughts. As always, you'll need to check them out as applying to your own situation, and of course you can ask INZ for more detail.

There is the Special Visitor Category, Partners of New Zealand residents and citizens http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...alvisitors.htm. I have seen people say on the threads that they have been advised to go for this visa when they didn't have evidence of very much time on partnership (and were actually wanting to go for the Partner Sponsored Work Visa). It seems, therefore, that it might be possible to get this quite quickly after your arrival.

Then, it strikes me that you could be eligible for an Interim Visa http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ts/interim.htm, if you put your Partner Sponsored Work Visa application in when you have (say) two months' evidence, so it's lodged before the visa-waiver visa runs out.

Thanks-that' s actually quite helpful to me, I had thought the interim visa might be a possibility so to hear it said by you is good, and will check out the other one too.