Thread: Start time of security check

Default Start time of security check

Hi all,

I know there are bulk of threads about security check but I couldn't find anything about the start time of security check process. Is it immediately after assigning case to officer or not?

No definite formula for this, it varies based on branch to branch and queue of cases with a particular CO. I remember once I rang up my CO to ask about my case status, she told me that is aware of my email query too but was unable to attend it due to other applications load. So just make sure your references are aware that they have to confirm your credentials as soon as you submit all docs, rest is all standard process.

Security Check is processed by third-party service. To be processed you need to send to INZ special form INZ1200 (but you should be asked about which form you need to send). I guess the process begins right after they've got your form.
    I've just received a letter from CO, she says that I passed NSC. So it took about 3 months. It is important to send this form along with the other docs, in order to be processed simultaneusly with other checks.

Dear mrx, meccup

Thanks for your comprehensive responses. The fact is that NSC of my application is processing, based on an advice from case officer but I don't know the initial time of the process and how much time it will take.

As with all these things to do with NZ immigration, much depends on how the work is going in the INZ office at the time your application is there. Delays can sometimes arise because of complications on other people's cases which were there before yours, or that officials are working on as well as yours. If things take a longer time than you expect, it does not always mean there is any problem with YOUR case, just that it has taken an official some extra time to get (back) to it.

Dear JandM,
    Very appreciate for your complete explanation

hayat1352, any update for your Security check?

Quote Originally Posted by hmlamie View Post
    hayat1352, any update for your Security check?
    No update unfortunately, I'm just waiting