Hi All,

It's being a long time since I had to ask a question here but I'm struggling to find an old post that matches my problem. So here it goes:

I was granted my residency visa almost 2 years ago. The expiry date of travel is the 13 of July 2013. I have read in old posts that I don't need to apply for the permanent residency visa straight away. In fact as long as I don't plan to leave NZ (i.e. holidays abroad) I don't have a time limit to do this. I just wanted to make sure this is the case.

The passport where my visa sticker is expires in August 2013. So here is my main dilemma:

1.- Get my new passport sorted (this could take up to 6 months) and apply for Permanent Residency after this (sometime late this year).
2.- I am also applying for a passport of a different nationality. This is also likely to take a few months to come through. Will it be possible to get my permanent residency stamp on this new passport? even though is a different nationality to the one holding the residency visa stamp? This will be my preferred option but not sure I can do this.

Many thanks for your help,
N