Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland Rattles

Default Auckland Rattles

Just experienced my first quake in Auckland and I did not realise that it was a quake until my neighbour came to see I was ok lol. It was not much but all of a sudden all the doors started rattling and the broom fell on the floor. Soon gets reported though

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/auck...quakes-5371015

I have also just noted that my pictures have all needed to be straightened up.Apart from that, fine. hope others are ok too

Huh! I take it this happened while I was walking home with groceries, but I didn't notice anything. I'm in the CBD. Anyone feel it here?

In glendowie and it shook for quite a while. Very strange sensation.

Brief rattle in Remuera this afternoon. Doesn't come close to any of the shakes we felt in Jo'burg as a result of the gold mining though.

Tiny miny one here in North shore, I didn't notice it until our neighbor was yelling at the top of her voice and ran outside their home.

North Shore, there was a bang, like someone knocked a bookcase over, and it was done (then the phone sarted ringing). Nowhere near as dramatic as the quake we had in Toronto when I was in school.

We definitely felt them here on our bit of the North Shore. First one was heard as a bang rather than felt, and to begin with we though one of the kids had dropped something. However second one felt very much like a 4 pointer and had the kids all charging for the front door. They were quite shaken up afterwards as it brought back memories of the 7 pointer we experienced in Canterbury. Personally I got as far as getting off the sofa to pick up my brand new monkey (born 4 days ago ) and promptly tripped over my own feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Personally I got as far as getting off the sofa to pick up my brand new monkey (born 4 days ago ) and promptly tripped over my own feet!
    Well you kept that one quiet. Congratulations to you on your new monkey

Goodness me, yes! Congratulations!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast