Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping container fun...

Talking Shipping container fun...

Does anybody else get a curious kick out of playing 'track your shipping container'? My husband has been particularly addicted. Has the boat been taken hostage by Somali pirates yet? Has it crossed the equator? Can we guess where it'll appear next? Many hours of fun on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Ours isn't due until the end of November - it's just passing between Malaysia and Indonesia. Terribly exciting.

Yes, I'm a bit sad. lol.

You're not the only one. We did that too. And what is even sadder is that we found out when it was coming into harbour in Wellington so that we could get up early to watch the ship go past in the dark. Have fun waiting, at least you will be an expert on international shipping routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkgirl View Post
    Does anybody else get a curious kick out of playing 'track your shipping container'? My husband has been particularly addicted. Has the boat been taken hostage by Somali pirates yet? Has it crossed the equator? Can we guess where it'll appear next? Many hours of fun on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Ours isn't due until the end of November - it's just passing between Malaysia and Indonesia. Terribly exciting.

Yes, I'm a bit sad. lol.
    I am even worse. I am tracking my ship and it doesn't even pick up my container until Friday! I discovered the website last week and I am finding it fascinating- never ever thought I would say that! Its amazing how many boats are in the North Sea alone!

My parents who thought I was very sad, are now watching daily too!

Hehehehe... I am so glad I'm not the only one!

We did it too and went out on a wet Saturday night to watch our ship come in!

never even thought of it! now I am gonna be hooked! :-)

My container left Long Beach last Friday but the ship hasn't updated its position in the past couple of days. Does this mean the radio is broken? The crew is asleep? They can't be bothered?

How often does your ship update its position?

Not yet been able to do the container tracking but have done the plane tracking when checking where DD was on her trip to NZ and Oz last year.

Now excited that we will be able to track the container when we get to that point- yes sad here too

Maybe they are having a holiday, Dell. I'm sure it will be on its way very soon.

I did this but my shipping company gave me the wrong information. As it got closer and closer to the arrival date, it was just sitting in Shaoxing, China and I was thinking to myself, "It'll never make it". Imagine my surprise when the NZ receiving company called me and said the ship was in port!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkgirl View Post

Yes, I'm a bit sad. lol.
    Lol, OH was obsessed by tracking our container!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast