Thread: Daughter's Medical back from MA

Default Daughter's Medical back from MA

My husband and I both have 3 year work visas and my son has had his visitor visa extended for 3 years. We applied for a visitor visa extension for our daughter too but she has development delay and so her medical was referred to a MA. Her status changed last week (12 March 2013) to medical received. Does this mean the MA is satisfied she is healthy? And does anyone know how long we should expect to wait for a decision?

Thank you for any advice.

Esther

Her status changed last week (12 March 2013) to medical received. Does this mean the MA is satisfied she is healthy? And does anyone know how long we should expect to wait for a decision?
    I'm afraid we can't tell what it means, if anything. There is a long-standing glitch in the INZ online system, which means that the date by 'Medical received' changes to that day's date every time someone accesses the case, even for something totally unrelated to medicals. So it's not safe to assume anything because this line has appeared. In your place, I would ask your CO.

I have checked with INZ and her medical was received back from the MA on 12th March. Her visitor visa runs out on 9th April but I know they will extend that while a decision is being made. Really struggling to remain patient. I assume if she is denied a visa she has to leave the country immediately or do we have any other options? So sad if we do have to leave especially when everyone in the family has a visa except her. My husband has a high salary and I am working too. Will they take into consideration our tax contribution?

By the way, we came out for 6 months to test the water and decided to stay. That's why visas weren't obtained prior to coming to NZ. We have received an ITA through Skilled Migrant but holding out until we all have work/visitor visas.

Esther