Thread: Assessed for a wrong course

Default Assessed for a wrong course

I have applied to study in New Zealand, my interview went well and answered all the questions very well. Unfortunately, received a letter of decline from the case officer, which was a shock to me and my family. We read through the decline letter and found out that my application has been assessed against an entirely different course by the case officer. In the letter of decline, he has mentioned my intended course of study as something different (an offer of place from the institute was also submitted mentioning the right course).

What is the course of action as this has really caused a lot of stress to me and my family. I do not want any one else to go through such a turmoil.

reply back to your case officer that he/she did mistake.
    explain it

Thank you Sunnyhanda for your prompt response.

Will that make him reconsider my application or will it effect the outcome of my application in a positive way?

Yes, you must point out that there is something not correct. Of course it must make him reassess your case, using the true information. If he did not, then you would need to complain, and you would have the right to do this.

Thank you JandM...appreciate your help. I will keep you posted on the outcome.