Thread: Birth Certificate Issue - India

Question Birth Certificate Issue - India

Dear All,

I need your advice urgently as I am approaching towards my submittion of ITA in April.

I my birth certificate my DOB is written wrong. In my hospital records, my DOB is written right. I tried to connect with Municiple coorporation and they said correction in Date will take around 6 - 7 months of time because there is around 20 days difference what has been mentioned in my hospital DOB & Birth certificate. In all other my documents my DOB is written right but mentioned wrong in Birth Certificate
    It is very very difficult for me to get the corrected DOB certificate before ITA submittion time i.e. April

Now I am left with only one option which I am sure NZ accept ( I am 1982 born )

An affidevit which stats taht the undersigned ,<name>, aged <age> Years residing in <address> do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that

1. My full Name is <name>and am a citizen of India
    2. I was born on <date> in <place>
    3. M Son's has born on <DOB> date.This will include my parents signature.

Along with this affidavit, i will attach the notarized copy of my first and last pages of my passport to support the above declarations. Also I can attach my hospital certificate which has correct DOB.

I really really need advice & help. Any other option will be helpful

Please do reply ASAP.

This sounds like a good thing to try, but only INZ can say whether they will definitely accept it.

I think it will work for you momentarily (for ITA submission) but i guess INZ definitely gonna ask you for birth certificate. So simultaneously, you can also start the procedure to get the birth date rectified.

Hi Nicks,

Sorry but you would have started this process on Jan 1st itself when there was a difference.

In my case, I submitted Lawyer Affidavit and SSC marks card (as you know, in India, SSC marks card is enough as DOB proof). But still CO is not convinced and asked me to submit the Birth Certificate. She only guided me to go to Municipal office to get the certificate.
    As JandM said, it may or may not be accepted by INZ with Hospital Certificate.

As Vishy said, apply it and update you CO about this and you can say it is in process. Once you get it, you can submit it.

IMO, it should not take 6-7 months in any case. If you already have enough proof, it should hardly take 1-2 weeks.

JandM, Vishy, and others: please correct me if I wrong.

Regards,
    Raju.

I would write to the INZ case officer and explain the situation... we had trouble with my wife's birth certificate and they advised on a workable solution (affidavit)... in your case they might want you to do the affidavit and pursue getting the birth certificate fixed... but they're the only ones who can tell you what can be accepted.

Thanks all for your advice. So for the time being , I will send the affidevit and hospital record as my DOB proof. In the mean time I will start the process of correction of my DOB. But one thing , I need to confirm about the DOB certificate. Do I need to mention this thing that I have wrong dates mentioned in my DOB certificate or first I will give a try with these certificates. Once CO will ask for DOB certificate, only then I show since CO may or may not accept the above docs.

I am planning to give a try and if CO will ask then show the DOB. Because till the time I am sure I will have correct DOB certificate with me.

What do you suggest?

Hi Nicks...

It is not related to this thread but to your earlier posts in Beijing thread.
    I read that your EOI was rejected because of Qualifications weren't in the exempt list & Work Experience was not in the MNCs (as per INZ officials).

Please help me to know how you got your EOI selected again.

Regards,
    Ankur