Thread: need urgent help on pending SMC application

Default need urgent help on pending SMC application

My SMC with NZ is under processing & all additional documents requested by CO has been submitted this month. Application was submitted without Job offer & by expectation is 90% JSV & 10% direct residency.

I have got notification (just now that my PR has been granted from another country. This is a sponsored PR which requires commitment for "x" years. I choose to go ahead with this one only one ground : CERTAINTY.

This means, even if hypothetically, I am granted direct residency for NZ, I will not be able to make use of it as I am bound by commitment with another country for "x" years in exchange of sponsorship & certainty.

Now It would be futile to go ahead with the NZ SMC application for now. However I would like to cleanup such that tomorrow if I need visitors visa, work visa or a fresh SMC application (if there is change in circumstances or priorities) there is no adverse entry due to this dropping out or something which comes haunting in the future, which might be difficult to explain or resolve when I am not in my home-country. If any new query/additional document is needed before closing the file, I would like to finish it in next 3 months before I leave.

What could be done exit the process gracefully, given that I dont have any idea what stage processing is in INZ office. Maybe it is in very preliminary stage as last pending document was submitted this month only.

Hi. Congratulations on the other PR! What country are you in? Personally, I would pick up the phone and talk directly to my Immigration Officer, explain what has happened and that you wanted to let them know right away. If you change your mind in the future you would have to start again with an EoI of course. Hope this helps.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    What country are you in?
    My home country & present location is India.

I think you can drop an email to Case Officer and request to withdraw your application. That way both parties are aware of the change without any misunderstandings in future (but do keep some proof of the communication if you ever want to visit NZ again)

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    if you ever want to visit NZ again
    Exactly thats the reason I want to keep the slate clean. I have developed some friends in NZ and in all probability I will be visiting NZ at some point. . Anyways I am getting general Idea that I should talk to CO by phone/email and inform that I need to withdraw application.

What i am not sure, what else to ask that may help in future. One thing comes to my mind is ask him to update health records (as it is valid for 3 years) and can be possibly re-used for tourist visa etc.

So far I have no news of any verification & have not given consent to third party verification. Not sure, If I should ask him to complete the verification, before closing file. Will it be of any help in future application of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool_Kiwi View Post
    One thing comes to my mind is ask him to update health records (as it is valid for 3 years) and can be possibly re-used for tourist visa etc.
    Medicals are valid for 3 months mate

Yea, one should be prepared to lodge a fresh application if need arises with fresh documents & processing fee, and immigration instructions applicable at that point
    Last edited by Kool_Kiwi; 20th March 2013 at 11:46 PM.