Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: second hand Baby stuff

Default second hand Baby stuff

IS there a market for second hand baby bits from the UK in NZ?. Im not sure if they have and H&S regs/ NZ version of kite mark which apply to second hand baby equipment and if it would sell in NZ.
    Having had a boy and a girl I have about 1 of everything you could need and I've held on to it all as I can't quite reconcile myself to the idea that I won't be having any more. We may? have another baby but not until we have been in NZ for a while and are comfortable with how it is going. Is it worth shipping all this stuff over? I will probably bring some of the more expensive bits, (cot/pram) if Im comfortable that I would be able to sell them in NZ if we don't want to use them again. If I get rid of all the baby kit in the UK I'll be able to fit loads more in the container but OH will think he's safe on the baby front, (which is probably the case anyway).
    Debbie

The health standards are the australian/nz ones, http://www.govt.nz/record?tid=3&treeid=2&recordid=936, this gives some details, they do all come with a safety standard attached, not sure how it compares with the EU standards though, if its the same, then no problem.

Have a look on www.trademe.co.nz, there is loads of baby stuff on there, I have been having a good look for my little one (not here yet!) It will give you an idea of what sells.

there are a few shops that sell 2nd hand too, but not sure how they get their stock.

You could always ebay it in the UK, if you dont think you will need it for yourself?

Hi Debbie,
    OMG! How familiar is that line..." I can't quite resign myself to having no more!" I have had that feeling after 3 of mine, by the time I had, had the fourth I saw sense and will now look forward to grandkids or working with babies Can't advise you what to do I'm afraid, except it is b****y hard work but I love them to bits and wouldn't have it any otherway (ask me that again on the 13th October when we land in NZ! )

All the best
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by robothamma
    OMG! How familiar is that line..." I can't quite resign myself to having no more!" I have had that feeling after 3 of mine, by the time I had, had the fourth I saw sense and will now look forward to grandkids or working with babies
    That's exactly how it was for me Michelle
    Good luck with the taking/selling, Debbie.
    Gil

I've just sold / selling some of my stuff on Trademe, seem to get a better price on Trademe as opposed to ebay, but that's just my view. New stuff here is expensive so if there is a chance you may have more in years to come it may be worth shipping it and selling later if you decide not to have more.

Amanda

Well I started this reply with the confident statment....Decision made,

BUT then I typed it all out, re read it and have changed my mind.

Yep I know the joke.."I used to be indecisive, but Im not sure now"

Thanks for all the info though. I think I will have to leave it largely to fate, if it fits in the container it comes if not... BUT if baby things are expencive in NZ I would be daft to get rid of all my stuff just to have to buy it all again if we have another one...
    O well another decision for the back burner.
    Debbie

We are just having to buy stuff over here (its our first), and looking at the prices so far, we (think) have chosen a buggy that with the bits like carry cot, covers and car seat is going to be near enough $1000, and a decent cot is around $500, and thats before we get into baby baths, changing mats, clothes, toys and whatever else these little mites need! But we are buying stuff new, you can get cheaper 2nd hand.

So I reckon if you have any aspirations towards another little bundle then it may be worth the container space.....

Having just read this thread, and feeling totally hormonal and sleep deprived, all I can say is NEVER EVER again, although I may feel different tomorrow!

Kate x

Aww, Kate, have a hug ..

Quote Originally Posted by K&CS
    all I can say is NEVER EVER again, although I may feel different tomorrow!

Kate x

YOU WILL.....

In fact I said those very words many times over.......... and I still ended up with 3......as predicted by my first midwife!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast