Thread: Quick SMC question

Default Quick SMC question

Hi guys,

I had my EOI declined as in my application i entered ICT Support Technician however i needed 3 years experience and i had 2.7 years.

My question is, as i am currently employed in that field, is that adding to the years experience as ive completed 2 months already and only need 3 more or is the requirement that i must have that experience before i arrived in New Zealand?

Im currently on a working holiday visa which runs up in july so im thinking i could apply for the extension of my Irish WHV(of which im guessing is a year?) and apply again when i have my 3 months experience?

Thanks a mill for any help

Keep up the good work going on here

Regards,

Alan

*bump*

Anyone any ideas? i really dont want to be relying on assumptions as i know that will screw me if i start now

Thanks

If your skilled experience is continuing, and provable, and legal in terms of the visa you are currently on, it can count - it doesn't have to be from before you got to NZ. But look at section b ii here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30549.htm

BUT, looking here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm, I don't see any mention of being able to extend your WHV.

Would you have your 3 years' experience before your WHV runs out?

Hi. Couple of things. If you are on an Irish Working Holiday Visa, I can see no opportunity for an extension beyond 12 months. If you are on a UK WH Visa from Northern Ireland then you can apply for a further 11 months. The amount of experience you need is cumulative, so you could apply for SMC again once you get to a total of 3 years' relebvant experience. Cheers. Karen

..oops wrote my reply at same time as previous one!

oh, so it is only UK citizens who get the extension. Damn, so what would be my best course of action? yea J, i would have my experience and could submit my EOI however thats a gamble as i wont know how long it would take for the EOI to go through and 1 month later on the 12th of july my WHV will have ran out.

perhaps i should apply for a temp work visa now? or which route should i take? is there anything i can ask my employers to help with?

Thanks Karen and J

Is your employer accredited?

no apparently not. didnt find them on the list