Thread: Pet transfer

Default Pet transfer

Have you moved your pets to NZ ? Can you provide me with a few recommendations? I received a quote from IPT. Would like to check out at least two others for comparison. If you have any insight would greatly appreciate it. We are location in California.

Thanks!

Moved 3 pets from Canada, did it ourselves, no problems.

Where can I find details on what steps I need to take, if I choose to do this myself? I understand that certain tests and blood work need to be done at specific times.

Any suggestions?

The Health Standard and Guidance Document are both here:
    http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/impor...catdog.gen.htm

Excellent! Thanks so much.

Looking back, I think I could have done it myself, and being in CA is definitely as advantage, but it would require a lot of planning and more stress than paying for a company to help out. We ended up going with IPT when we moved from CO. Pug got here without a problem, only complaint (and others seem to agree) is the lack of communication when your pet is in transit.

One more question for you G-Mo. I take it you handled all of the tests and certs on your own. But Air NZ stated that the animal must be transported by a pet transport company. We're you able to source a company that did only the air transport part without them also providing services for all of the tests? I. E you did the test work they just flew your pet.