Thread: i received an email from Immigration

Default i received an email from Immigration

I have lodged an application for my two adopted children one is 16 and the other is 18 and they are both dependent .I dont understand the xray certificates are from their panel doctors . They cost $500 for each child to redo and the medicals expire on 4 April .The application forms we were given here say your residence application should be in one form and the principal applicant should include everyone included i the application form . If this is the only form that i could find at immigration what do they mean each child needs their own form with a fee of $1315NZD

on the website it says You only have to pay one application fee for all of the
    people included in your application. You can include your
    partner and/or dependent children in your application if
    you are applying for a:
    • residence class visa

here is the email could someone please help me :

visa. We received your application on 20 March 2013.

Your application is incomplete
    We have not accepted your application for processing because it is incomplete. We enclose a checklist that shows the documents and information we need so that we can process your application.

Please see your application form and its related guide for information on what you need to send when applying for a residence visa.

Each dependent need to complete separate residence visa application and each pay R10370.00.
    We cannot accept the chest –ray certificate. Please validate or redo the chest x-ray certificate and the general medical certificate is still valid until 04/04/2013. If you are unable to re-send the application before the expiry of the general medical certificate you will need redo the medicals or validate.

Your application, fee, and documents
    We are returning your application, fee, and documents with this letter. The documents are:
    2 X Zimbabwean passports
    2 X New Zealand passports
    2 X Zimbabwean police certificates
    2 X Extract of an Entry of birth Registered
    2 X Medicals
    2 X Order of Adoption
    1 X Marriage certificate
    Original Inland Revenue
    Copy of Individual Employment Agreement from xxx NZ Limited.

Immigration Act 2009

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) has changed the terminology it uses. From 29 November 2010, we will use the term visa to mean the authority to travel to New Zealand and stay in New Zealand . We have made this change because of the new Immigration Act 2009. If you applied for a permit before 29 November 2010, any correspondence sent by INZ will now refer to a visa. This change will not affect your immigration status.

Contact us

If you have any questions, you can:
    call me on
    or email me at
    find answers to frequently asked questions or lodge an email enquiry online at www.immigration.govt.nz/help

You will need to tell us your application and client numbers (see the top of this letter). Please be ready to quote them when you phone.

Yours sincerely

Immigration Officer
    Immigration New Zealand
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 21st March 2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: phone /email removed to comply with rule 10

I don't yet understand your situation. What do you have yourself - NZ citizenship, or residence, or a work visa? Or are you applying for Residence and putting your whole family on the application?

As well as this thread, it is probably a good idea to phone this official as the email suggests. It may be that you have filled in the wrong form, and so a conversation between you could help to sort things out quickly, and obviously there are some time pressures here. I know in some countries people are not used to being able to talk to a government department and get a kindly and helpful answer, but honestly, you can do this in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't yet understand your situation. What do you have yourself - NZ citizenship, or residence, or a work visa? Or are you applying for Residence and putting your whole family on the application?

As well as this thread, it is probably a good idea to phone this official as the email suggests. It may be that you have filled in the wrong form, and so a conversation between you could help to sort things out quickly, and obviously there are some time pressures here. I know in some countries people are not used to being able to talk to a government department and get a kindly and helpful answer, but honestly, you can do this in NZ.

Thank you for your reply ,Sorry i wrote that when i was stressing so i missed a lot of things .I'm a New Zealand citizen and i'm applying for my adopted children in Zimbabwe .When i went to the immigration office here .I was given that form by the lady who works there.The medicals were taken end of December 2012 but they are expiring in April 2013 .how long does it take for medical certificates to expire if anyone knows.

Medicals can only be submitted within three months of their date.

It may be that the radiographer did not sign the form that needs to accompany the X-rays, which is a hurdle many people have come up against, but you'll need to check with INZ to be certain what is missing and is now wanted.

Here is the page relating to a dependent child coming to NZ to be with their NZ parent. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm And yes, there needs to be a separate application from each child. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm

What you say here...
    The application forms we were given here say your residence application should be in one form and the principal applicant should include everyone included i the application form
    In each case, one child is the principal applicant each time. If you only collected the one form, you can get other copies online - there is a link from that page I gave just above.

Don't worry too much - it sounds as though this is a situation that can be sorted out, and that is what this email is telling you. But do talk to INZ to be sure what you need to do about the X-rays.