Thread: Next phase of life about to start - Query on visitor visa for my wife

Default Next phase of life about to start - Query on visitor visa for my wife

Hi All, I am in Shanghai China. Just got approval for JSV but for me only. I would like to take my wife to NZ with me. INZ Shanghai advises to apply for a visitor's visa for my wife. I am not sure how it does work. Have you ever gone through such experience? Many questions I have like what are the requirements to secure a visa for my wife and for how long..and the possible implications.

I could just go to visa center and ask all these questions but I would like first prepare myself a bit and avoid things which my lead to rejection of visa.

I used the same thread in Introductory sub-forum. Just copied it over here.

Hi and welcome,
    I have removed your copied post from Introductions as the same people will read both and give the same answers. more will read this section. this is the correct section to ask questions like this

Dave, Thank you.

Hello.

Here is another thread where the original poster had the same question. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post457680

I know this situation seems harsh to many people, but it aríses from a fairly recent change in the law, which was from good motives. Before, the partner and family used to be allowed to go along with a JSV holder, but then, if s/he didn't get a job, it was a very bad situation for them if they had settled into a new home and school in NZ, but had to pack up and leave, specially as they may have sold their old home and the partner may have given up a job back in their original country. So now, INZ says from the start that the JSV is expected to go on ahead and concentrate all their resources on getting a job offer, and only then bring the family in.