Thread: Bringing my 18 month old daughter to Wellington

Default Bringing my 18 month old daughter to Wellington

Hi,

Now that my WTR(accredited employer) visa and my partner's Work visa is also approved, we will be travelling to Wellington in the last week of April. I have booked tickets for my daughter to travel on July 6th from India along with her grandmom, but yet to apply Visa for both. We want her to arrive two months later so that we will have enough time to settle down into our new accomodations and make necessary arrangements.

1. My understanding is that we need to apply a Visit Visa for my daughter - but in that case will the Visa be applicable till that time my Work visa is valid (or) should i apply for any new visa after some period of time?
    2. Since I have just got my visa, Is it fine to lodge my daughter's Visit Visa application immediately?
    3. Also, can she be accompanied from India by my mother(who will be on a short visit Visa for 3-4 months) ? Is there any other special requirement for my daughter as she will not be travelling with her parents , but with a guardian(in this case, her grandmom) ?
    4. Is it necessary to submit my passport, along with my daughter's passport while lodging her Visa application ?

Thanks in advance,

I strongly suggest you should talk to your case officer about this situation, because s/he may be able to tell you how to link the visas for your daughter and her grandmother to your case which has just gone through - that would probably make for easier processing than having the application go in as a new case.

1.My understanding is that we need to apply a Visit Visa for my daughter - but in that case will the Visa be applicable till that time my Work visa is valid (or) should i apply for any new visa after some period of time?
    I think you will get a visa to match your own for time - for school-age dependent children who need a student visa, those always match the work visa of the parent they are accompanying.
    2.Since I have just got my visa, Is it fine to lodge my daughter's Visit Visa application immediately?
    Yes, definitely.
    3. The grandmother will need to apply for a visitor's visa, and I can't find anything in the regulations to cover this situation, but here is one place where INZ may be able to suggest a way to make it easier for her to get this visa, as she's coming to bring you your child. (When it comes to actually travelling, you will need to have written her a letter giving her your permission to take your child across national borders.)
    4. When you get the form to apply for your daughter's visa, it and the guide will have a list of all the evidence required.

hi

I called my in-laws from India to here in NZ whn i was pregnant..we just send few docs from here.
    Bank statement
    Residential address proof
    Visa Copy
    Cover Letter..stating i need their help

All docs shuld be with JP sign..

[QUOTE=JandM;476257]I strongly suggest you should talk to your case officer about this situation, because s/he may be able to tell you how to link the visas for your daughter and her grandmother to your case which has just gone through - that would probably make for easier processing than having the application go in as a new case.

Thanks JandM. Can i talk to the same case officer who processed our Work Visa's before submitting the Visa forms for my daughter and mother ? (or) should i submit both the applications together with a cover letter and then later talk to CO after allotment ?

Yes, I think, try asking the case officer who has been dealing with you.