Thread: SFV Help

Exclamation SFV Help

Hi

Do i need to do a Full assessment from NZQA to apply for Silver Fern? or is it enough to do a PAR and apply and later on do the full assessment?

Thanks in advance

please someone give me an answer

Hi. If you are lucky enough to be one of the first 300 to apply for a Silver Fern Visa you will have 3 months in which to provide all the evidence. You could send off for an IQA now, although it might not come through in time. You could get a PAR now and then apply for the IQA later. Probably safer to get the PAR fro when you apply and then go for the IQA if you get picked. Either way, if you are ever intending to get to NZ on the basis of your skills, you wil need an IQA if your degree is not on the exempt list so maybe, if you can afford it, just go ahead and get one. I assume you have the details of the exact time at which the new quota is released? If not, let me know. Hope that helps! Karen

Thanks

but in the NZQA site they have specified that i can only be used for SMC

The PAR application is for Immigration only and is for the purpose of an ‘Expression of Interest’ in being invited to apply under the Immigration New Zealand (INZ) Skilled Migrant Category.

Has anyone tried SFV with PAR ?

But regardless of what NZQA says, at the INZ website, on the page about Silver Fern Job Search visas, it says, "You will need to provide a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assessment (either an International Qualification Assessment or a Qualifications Assessment Report) of your qualification..." http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../jobsearch.htm, and in the INZ Operational Manual, it states clearly that a Qualifications Assessment Report is the old name for a PAR. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/31313.htm

In practice, the only people who usually go for a PAR for SMC are those who seriously doubt whether their foreign qualification has the required Level for them to apply to migrate to NZ (then they're not spending out as much money to get an opinion on this). PAR is only good for the preliminaries - as soon as INZ is working a case and needing to verify qualifications, they require an IQA.

I think you are wrong !!!

Note: From 27 June 2008 the Qualifications Assessment Report (QAR) has been renamed 'International Qualification Assessment' (IQA). Both IQAs and QARs are acceptable as evidence to determine whether a qualification will qualify for points.

Haven't anyone tried with PAR for SFV?

Please help me. I don't have that much money to spend on Full assessment now and i want to apply for SFV as well.
    So please someone help me

If you go for PAR now you will still have to go for IQA within 3 months of selection date (29 April 10:00 a.m NZ time), so it will cost you more in the end. You could email INZ and ask them if you want to be 100% sure. If you take a gamble and say your degree is okay and your application is selected, you risk losing the application fee if it hten turns out you cannot provide the evidence. Also, you run the risk of INZ deciding that you are not of good character because you were not 100% truthful in your application. At the end of the day - it's your decision! Karen

I assume you have checked ther List of qualifications Exempt from Assessment - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/44368.htm ???

Quote Originally Posted by rajikac View Post
    I think you are wrong !!!

Haven't anyone tried with PAR for SFV?
    Well, I see what you mean, but that's not *me* talking - that's INZ, as you can see because it's on a link. Where are you quoting from?