Thread: Do still I have Least chance to get ITA ?

Default Do still I have Least chance to get ITA ?

Hi Friends,

Last week I submitted EOI with 150 points without Job offer and it get selected by 20th march EOI pull. After being gone through the my EOI I noticed to may have chance of Unsuccessful because of the following:

I claimed points for recognized qualification also for my wife, I did graduation of bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical engineering from University of Madras which is exemption list also wife did Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Communication from same university.
    As long as my EOI being selected for preliminary checking I have noticed that only the University is in the exemption list not for our degrees.

Please share your opinion on this, and anybody had experienced this.

Does my hardly earned money has gone or will have chance to get ITR?.

Your reply is highly appreciated

As per my knowledge, both institution and course (along with the mentioned year) should fall under exemption list. If it is not then you have to go for PAR or IQA. I wish you luck that your EOI is picked up and you receive ITA. If its not the case, you will get a detailed email from INZ.
    Your EOI will still be in pool for 6 months. if INZ reduce you point against your and your wife's qualification then you can get PAR/IQA done for you and update you EOI.

Rest, some senior members can guide you better.

Hi. Have I understood you correctly, your EOI has been selected? Okay. So you have four months to submit your application once you get the ITA letter. You should be able to get your IQA done (assessment of your qualifiations by NZQA) in this time. So long as your degrees come back at Level 7 you should be okay. If you claimed additional bonus points for qualifications in an area of Absolute Skills Shortage you should ask NZQA to make a specific comparison with the qualification listed for your specific skill area. It is better to get this than a generic Level 7. Good luck! Karen

Sticking point maybe that the EOI asks you if your qualification is exempt and if not, if you have PAR or IQA already. You answered yes to the exempt bit (which proved to be wrong). If you'd answered no and also answered no to the PAR question too you wouldn't have been able to submit. So your EOI will probably be rejected at the verification stage, and returned to the pool. I think you could then apply for your IQA, update your EOI with the result (which you can do at any time) and then you may be reselected in a future draw. Your EOI is valid for six months.

Thank you all for your valuable reply, I clearly understood that my selected EOI have fair chance of unsuccessful for ITA.

Does resubmission of EOI with PAR or IQA cost additionally or not?....

Hi Barathiraja,

I also submitted EOI with 150 points without job offer and got selected by 20th March 2013. My qualification is also Bachelor of Science in Engineering specialized in Mechanical Engineering. In my case, my University & Course included in the exemption list & including my wife with similar degree (Chemical Engineering).

Please share & update when you get any response from INZ.

Regards,

I think the situation would be this. If the EOI is stripped of the points because you don't come up with the evidence before INZ look at it and notice the lack of assessment, it's likely to be actually rejected. If that happens, then you would have to start again with a new submission, and you would need to pay again. If the EOI were to be only put back in the pool, so you could amend it when the assessment came through, then it would be still the same application and you wouldn't have to pay.