Thread: How much Settlement Funds are expected?

Default How much Settlement Funds are expected?

Does anyone know how much "settlement funds" are expected if you have a sponsor on the New Family Category (tier1)...?

Also...do we have an interview with CO like those applying for work visa's?
    Last edited by gavndebs; 25th March 2013 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gavndebs View Post
    Does anyone know how much "settlement funds" are expected if you have a sponsor on the New Family Category (tier1)...?

Also...do we have an interview with CO like those applying for work visa's?
    ...I mean "personal resources" not settlement funds...I assume enough to support oneself (buy a property/live) for a time then work if needs be?

Hi. If you meet the financial requirements through a sponsor, there is no specific amount required. I don't think there is any provision for interviews. I can see no reference in the regulations and I don't know of anyone who has had one. The amount you will need for housing depends on region and so much more. You must be really excited! Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. If you meet the financial requirements through a sponsor, there is no specific amount required. I don't think there is any provision for interviews. I can see no reference in the regulations and I don't know of anyone who has had one. The amount you will need for housing depends on region and so much more. You must be really excited! Karen
    Yes we are VVV excited...thanks for input...