Thread: How to amend EOI after getting selected

Default How to amend EOI after getting selected

Hi everyone, I hope someone could help give me some advice.

My EOI was selected on 6/3/13 and I am still waiting for ITA. However I just realised there was a mistake in my EOI in the work experience section. The start/end dates of my latest work experience were entered incorrectly. Though the correct dates will give me longer work experience than what being declared in my EOI (either way will not change the points I currently have) but I thought I would need to correct those to ensure all details in my EOI are correct.

Please can you advise:

- Whether I would need to amend above details now or I can leave it for now and will correct things in the ITA. And if I don't correct these details now will the ITA release will be affected because of these wrong details? I am still waiting for ITA.

- How can I have my EOI amended (if amendment is needed at this stage). My online account now does not give me an option to edit the EOI after it gets selected. I saw the "Edit" option before but after my EOI was selected this option has gone.

Any advice from you would be much appreciated...

Regards,
    Kelvin

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinc View Post
    Hi everyone, I hope someone could help give me some advice.

My EOI was selected on 6/3/13 and I am still waiting for ITA. However I just realised there was a mistake in my EOI in the work experience section. The start/end dates of my latest work experience were entered incorrectly. Though the correct dates will give me longer work experience than what being declared in my EOI (either way will not change the points I currently have) but I thought I would need to correct those to ensure all details in my EOI are correct.

Please can you advise:

- Whether I would need to amend above details now or I can leave it for now and will correct things in the ITA. And if I don't correct these details now will the ITA release will be affected because of these wrong details? I am still waiting for ITA.

- How can I have my EOI amended (if amendment is needed at this stage). My online account now does not give me an option to edit the EOI after it gets selected. I saw the "Edit" option before but after my EOI was selected this option has gone.

Any advice from you would be much appreciated...

Regards,
    Kelvin
    One cannot update the EOI once selected. When you receive your ITA, there is a section where you can enter information which is different/ changed from EOI. Hope this information helps.

Hi Kelvin and welcome. You probably have read that the verification of the EOI just looks at whether your claim for points looks right, they dont have any physical evidence at that stage.

As the dates/duration of your relative experience is better than you claimed, and has no effect on the points, I would wait until you submit your ITA. As stated above, there is a specific page in the prepopulated ITA which invites you to summarise any information that has changed. I had to change a birth certificate reference number (long version was different to short version) and I changed in both in the relevant section (highlighted the change with a fluorescent marker) and put it on the summary of changes page.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshumistry View Post
    One cannot update the EOI once selected. When you receive your ITA, there is a section where you can enter information which is different/ changed from EOI. Hope this information helps.
    Hi Hemanshumistry, thank you very much for your advice. Much appreciation.

Hi RedVee, thank you for sharing your thoughts...Yes I guess at this stage I would leave everything as is and keep my fingers crossed for the ITA..I hope to receive the OTA soon and will keep you all informed when I have the good news...