Thread: How to obtain US criminal record?

Default How to obtain US criminal record?

Hi all,

Just in the process of submitting a partnership-based work permit application.

I am a Kiwi and my partner is American. She's only young and has no criminal history, but requires proof of this for the application.

How on earth does she get it?

The embassy in Auckland doesn't answer the phone and there doesn't seem to be any information online about how to obtain it overseas.

We have been living together for some time and she is currently on a working holiday permit which is about to expire.

Thanks so much!

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/bac...est-to-the-fbi

You'll need to print the fingerprint card and go to your local police station to get them done properly.

It took the full 6 weeks for mine to be returned so you'll want to keep that in mind in relation to your deadlines.
    Last edited by kiwieagle; 26th March 2013 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks kiwieagle.

So it can take up to 6 weeks for them to send the results back? And presumably longer since we're in NZ. This is a worry as her current permit expires in about a month. I guess we'll just have to wing it (submit application without police check) and hope immigration are happy waiting. I'm on the phone to them now so hope they'll be OK with it.

Would they even consider an incomplete application?