Thread: Clarification regarding support network

Default Clarification regarding support network

Hi All,

In many of the threads and in operation manual I read that if the Principal Applicant is not having any skilled offer or employment, CO will do interview.

I have few questions (I am preparing for interview as I may hear about interview any time):

1. CO can ask your support network in New Zealand:
    I have two friends in New Zealand. Will he/she asks complete details about them like how many years/days they are staying in NZ? Job? and any other details?
    Basically what he/she will be expecting on support network?

2. Settling and contribution to New Zealand:
    What is exactly he/she will be expecting on settling?

3. After interview, how many days it will take to update on the decision? (I read it will be two-three weeks time)

4. Any idea on Beijing branch assent? Will it be NZ assent or any other assent? . May be weird question, but just want to hear from people.

We have got many posts with the interview questions and I gone through some of them. I want to know all experienced people's opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Raju.
    Last edited by Raju; 27th March 2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Adding one more question

Below are the answers based on our experience:

1. CO can ask your support network in New Zealand:
    I have two friends in New Zealand. Will he/she asks complete details about them like how many years/days they are staying in NZ? Job? and any other details?
    Basically what he/she will be expecting on support network?
    It depends on your CO about what details he/she would ask, basically as support network they would want to know what kind of support your friends/family members would offer if you have to lets say need temporary accommodation while job hunting, borrow some money or have a social network of people to talk to regularly. These are just examples but you can put little imagination into it and the question would be around similar flavor.

2. Settling and contribution to New Zealand:
    What is exactly he/she will be expecting on settling?
    Contribution is very general, e.g. doing some social/voluntary work, helping the community etc. Share your experience with others for example at work

3. After interview, how many days it will take to update on the decision? (I read it will be two-three weeks time)
    There is no specific timeline but usually you can check with your CO and they will let you know as this depends on case to case.

4. Any idea on Beijing branch assent? Will it be NZ assent or any other assent? . May be weird question, but just want to hear from people.
    Once I spoke to a Case Officer from Beijing, her English was very clear, it's usually close to British accent. In case you don't understand anything then ask them to repeat what they said.

Hi Sun777,

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I just saw your other post.

1. Ok. I thought she will ask their contact details to contact them.
    2. Settling is like staying for long time in NZ?
    3. I don't have any offer from NZ employer. Mostly expecting a JSV (Is it same as WTR?). Hoping for the best.

I didn't start looking into schooling and accommodation.

Also can anybody let me know how the job prospects for Software Engineers in NZ? Is it good or ok?

Thank you very much for the advices.

Regards,
    Raju.

1. Ok. I thought she will ask their contact details to contact them.
    Its good to have their names & background information, just so that your Case Officer gets better picture of your prospects.

2. Settling is like staying for long time in NZ?
    Yes, I think NZ (or any other country where people emigrate) do expect successful candidates to settle down for longest time possible. That's one reason they want people to come to the country, settle down and also be helpful in building future of the country e.g. by sharing ideas, talking to people, growing the community & being supporting towards other residents etc

3. I don't have any offer from NZ employer. Mostly expecting a JSV (Is it same as WTR?). Hoping for the best.

Yes, WTR is the old term for JSV. There are people who received PR without having NZ job offer, do keep a note of current trend and expect accordingly

All the best

Hi Sun777,

Thank you very much for the answers.

I didn't here these days any updates from the Beijing branch people. So no idea about the current trend.

But your inputs gave me some more ideas for better preparation.

In some of the older threads, I read CO will invite to apply for JSV. Will there be any additional forms we need to fill for JSV?

In one of the replies by JandM, he said if it is not residence and JSV is granted, you will have some more details in the application page. So I am little confused about this.
    Will CO ask to apply for JSV?

Also one more question. In one of the forums, people said CO raised doubts about character that they got help from unlicensed adviser. Is it after the interview or before the interview?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Raju.

In some of the older threads, I read CO will invite to apply for JSV. Will there be any additional forms we need to fill for JSV?
    When the decision is announced to you, then you will be told what to do. Yes, you have to fill in another form. This is because you have applied for Residence, and you do not HAVE to accept the offer of applying for the job search visa instead - INZ need your agreement to defer the Residence application and give you the JSV.

In one of the replies by JandM, he said if it is not residence and JSV is granted, you will have some more details in the application page. So I am little confused about this.
    I said this when someone was looking at the INZ online record of their application. Often, people's first information that a decision has been made is an email to say their online record has changed. Then they look at the page. If they see only the word 'Approved', then they have Residence. If they are going to be offered the JSV, there will be more lines, and a mention of a Work Visa.
    Will CO ask to apply for JSV?
    There will also be a communication from the CO.

Also one more question. In one of the forums, people said CO raised doubts about character that they got help from unlicensed adviser. Is it after the interview or before the interview?
    Certainly for one of these people, it was after his interview. He mentioned that he had been asked during the interview if he had used a particular agency, and he said 'no'.

I am the same case as you and i have been granted "Resident" Visa from New Delhi Branch. Regarding Interview the CO asked me to send the following detail:

Friend Name
    Visa Type
    Visa Status
    Duration of stay in NZ
    Family Status
    Type of support you can get from (Employment / Initial Settlement / Financial ) etc....
    Company
    Contact Number
    Email ID

And also they may ask you to send the proof for Searching job in NZ being in India. Have all the Jo Allpcation references and send if required. If you are claiming points for your spouse then the same applied to her.

Hi JandM,

Thank you very much for the detailed answers. I am eagerly waiting for the interview call.
    You rock always as everybody says.

Hi gurumoorthyp,

Thank you very much for the update. Hoping for the best.

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju.