Thread: Database administrator

Default Database administrator

Good evening

i just joined ENZ .i am living auckland. i am working as Database Administrator from last 1 year in the same company . recently i have applied permanent residency by claiming 175 points .i have done diploma in information technology level 7 from private college at queen street which is of one year . today during discussion with my friend about my case . he said that i might get problem with my qualification because immigration requires bachelor degree in information technology (3 year). i wonder because i already applied moreover i have spend 3 years in my computing studies which is like DIPLOMA IN COMPUTING (DCA) - 1 YEAR FROM INDIA, POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COMPUTING (ONE YEAR)FROM INDIA ,6 MONTH CERTIFICATE IN COMPUTERISE PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTING FROM INDIA AND DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LEVEL 7 (ONE YEAR) FROM AUCKLAND . but my bachelor degree is with ARTS (major history and English ). does that mean my 3 year computer stuies waste and i cant claim points.

kindly help me because last week i applied my residency . it would be thankful

kind regards
    manpreet

Hi Manpreet
    A degree in another subject and Graduate Diploma at Level 7 in IT from NZ is quite a common pathway. Your job is still skilled, you have a year's work experience in NZ and you still have a Level 7 qualification from NZ and a degree, but you won't be able to claim the bonus points for your qualification and probably not for your work experience as they won't match the LTSSL. When you say you have applied for permanent residence, do you mean that you have submitted an online Expression of Interest? Have you had your degree assessed by NZQA or is it on the list of qualification exempt from assessment? I am guessing that you are currently on a Graduate Work Experience visa . Is this correct? I don't think you should give up hope, you might just need to make some adjustments. Cheers. Karen

thank you for reply karen.. i havnt assessed my qualification from NZQA. my expression of interest already accepted . i already submitted my all documents for PR. i am not on graduate work visa now i m on 2 year work visa .. one year has gone ..

regards
    manpreet

I don't think you should be worried just yet. Once CO highlights something, you can respond. But since you already have a job here, they may grant it without any issue. The fact that you have attended a course here is plus point for your application, in my opinion.