Thread: Couldn't find Industrial Classification for Web Developer :(

Question Couldn't find Industrial Classification for Web Developer :(

I am going to apply for EOI for New Zealand. Unfortunately I have found my occupation and its code from the list which is 261212 Web Developer . Unfortunately I am not able to find job activity from the list .

The list seems to be old "Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification - NZ Version 1996"
    http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...dustryList.htm

I think I need to skip this option because there is no relevant Industry Description in the list

if anybody have idea please reply me
    Thanks in advance

I don't know what you mean by 'job activity'.

261212 Web Developer is on the current list of skilled occupations. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35165.htm

I am facing similar issue. I am currently filling my EOI for residence. I am a web developer as well. (261212 ANZSCO which is fine).

There is another box to fill which ask about industry of job. To be very specific here is the question,

E3. What industry is your main job in i.e. the main activity of the place where you work?

There is a link which shows all possible entries. Here is the link to list : http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...dustryList.htm

But none of the entries matching to my job profile. My job is about developing and maintaining online software.

Thanks for your help in advance

Hi there,

What the main core business of your current company ?

Example:
    Job - Web Developer
    Company/Industry - Telecommunication

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by samnz2016 View Post
    I am facing similar issue. I am currently filling my EOI for residence. I am a web developer as well. (261212 ANZSCO which is fine).

There is another box to fill which ask about industry of job. To be very specific here is the question,

E3. What industry is your main job in i.e. the main activity of the place where you work?

There is a link which shows all possible entries. Here is the link to list : http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...dustryList.htm

But none of the entries matching to my job profile. My job is about developing and maintaining online software.

Thanks for your help in advance

Yes, it's asking about what is your boss's main business. You could be a web developer for any number of things - an industrial chemical company, a film studio, a transport business...

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, it's asking about what is your boss's main business. You could be a web developer for any number of things - an industrial chemical company, a film studio, a transport business...
    yes definitely, what industry does the company work in? not what job do you do. if there is nothing specific in the drop down list then something generic like "Computing and IT"?

Hi jeremylee99, JandM,ChrisMwn

Thank your for your replies. Really appreciate.

I understood that, it is about company's industry type. Let me ask it again

Company is into developing online Softwares and provide its consumers on monthly subscription bases. Just like xero for accounting software.

The nearest i found in the list provided on immigration site is "Technichal Services nec". Online form does not accept anything other than listed on immigration site.

@ChrisMWn, there is no such entry as "Computing and IT" in the list or anything near to it.

Thanks
    Sam

It sounds as if that covers it. Or "Business Services nec".

Given that that isn't a very long list, it's not surprising that you're not finding an exact description. It'll be near enough. If INZ want to know more, they'll ask, either you or the employer.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It sounds as if that covers it. Or "Business Services nec".

Given that that isn't a very long list, it's not surprising that you're not finding an exact description. It'll be near enough. If INZ want to know more, they'll ask, either you or the employer.
    its purely for statistical purposes only and has no bearing whatsoever on the application.

Thanks JandM and ChrisMwn,

I contacted INZ support over phone and surprisingly even they couldnt help me with exact entry. Strange !!

I submitted EOI with "Technichal Service Nec".

As you all mentioned, INZ will contact me or employer if they need more information.

Thank you again for your replies !!