Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife s Visitor visa application in india

Lightbulb Wife s Visitor visa application in india

Hi

I have applied for my wife visitor visa as i am the permannent resident of nz and the file is processing with INZ delhi i emailed the case officer about the update she replied back that I have given the decision on the application and file is currently with senior visa officer what does that mean????????????????

Just as want to know whats happening out there???

Hello and welcome.

Every visa application is checked over by another INZ official of the same or higher rank as your CO, before you're informed of the decision. This is to check for errors, and as a safeguard against corruption. This is perfectly normal, and means that you should get your answer soon.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Every visa application is checked over by another INZ official of the same or higher rank as your CO, before you're informed of the decision. This is to check for errors, and as a safeguard against corruption. This is perfectly normal, and means that you should get your answer soon.
    thanks a lot for that i was bit worried as my friend also applied the visa same day and his wife got the visa within 2 weeks and mine it has been more than 4 weeks..thts why even i was confused between recomended decision to senior visa officer???

But for our case she just said it is with the senior officer as i have made the decesion...
    as she has not raised any concerns and i have not got anything in writing from INZ that they do not agree on these pointssss...which means will it be a good newss,..and any idea how long will it take....

thankss for ur replyyyyyyy

Nobody can tell you about timings with INZ. It's very tempting to think that every case will be the same, but it's not so - each person's situation is individual, and the paperwork may be different, or more difficult to read, even, for one than another, and it has to be verified, and one person they contact may be right there answering their phone, whereas on the other case, they have to leave a message for the party concerned to call back (e.g. after their three-week trip away). Then again, about waiting for the reply from the second official, there is nothing to be said for certain, as we don't know how this officer's case-load is running, except that this should be the last process.

Nobody can tell you about timings with INZ. It's very tempting to think that every case will be the same, but it's not so - each person's situation is individual, and the paperwork may be different, or more difficult to read, even, for one than another, and it has to be verified, and one person they contact may be right there answering their phone, whereas on the other case, they have to leave a message for the party concerned to call back (e.g. after their three-week trip away). Then again, about waiting for the reply from the second official, there is nothing to be said for certain, as we don't know how this officer's case-load is running, except that this should be the last process.
    Hi jandm

Just getting bit impatient shall i call up the case officer
    On tuesday and ask her about the outcome or
    How long it will take as i have bookes the tickets
    For next to next week for my wife

There is never any guarantee how long a visa will take to come through - it's not something you are buying, so there isn't an implied contract they're not fulfilling when it takes as long as it takes. What I'm saying here is that your wife may perhaps not be able to travel on that flight you have booked. I'm afraid you have got a bit ahead of yourself in buying the ticket before she had a visa.

If you contact the CO on Tuesday, be prepared for the fact that she will not necessarily know anything further, as progress is now the other official's responsibility, and the case is working through his/her allocation. You could possibly ask your CO if she thinks there is a hope of a reply soon, or if you need to change the ticket.

There is never any guarantee how long a visa will take to come through - it's not something you are buying, so there isn't an implied contract they're not fulfilling when it takes as long as it takes. What I'm saying here is that your wife may perhaps not be able to travel on that flight you have booked. I'm afraid you have got a bit ahead of yourself in buying the ticket before she had a visa.

If you contact the CO on Tuesday, be prepared for the fact that she will not necessarily know anything further, as progress is now the other official's responsibility, and the case is working through his/her allocation. You could possibly ask your CO if she thinks there is a hope of a reply soon, or if you need to change the ticket.
    yeas Jandm even i think so i should cancel or put the ticket on hold....... also now any idea that the senior visa oficer who is having the file will put the visa on pp or the CO will do like mean again the Co will get the file back from him and do the formalities like dispatching and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gopi View Post
    yeas Jandm even i think so i should cancel or put the ticket on hold....... also now any idea that the senior visa oficer who is having the file will put the visa on pp or the CO will do like mean again the Co will get the file back from him and do the formalities like dispatching and stuff
    Also Jandm sorry for asking agian and agian but with ur experience what u think like they have not raise any concerns not asked for anyy adiitional info except fbook chat and skype chat which i provided them and after str8 away she has given the decesion and as now file with senior officer which meanss GOOD NEWSS for usss.....

Appreciaate ur time and effort thanks Jandm

Quote Originally Posted by gopi View Post
    Sharing our experience, our CO fixed the visa stickers on the passport. There could be many reasons behind delay with a possibility that your CO (or 2nd officer) might be genuinely busy with other applications. To be practical your idea of contacting CO on Tuesday / keeping tickets on hold seems like good idea. Do make sure that you don't put CO under pressure about tickets being finalized etc which might just give not so good impression. Relax, stay positive and enjoy your weekend

Of course, since your CO has not asked for anything extra, and says she has made a decision, it sounds good from HER point of view. But I have to put the other side of things, too. One main point of getting each case checked by another official is for this second person to look for any errors made by the CO. In the worst scenario, they could find something wrong. It's not very likely, but it means that STILL, for the moment, nobody knows. PLEASE try to keep calm, and like Sun says, stay positive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast