Thread: A Few Questions

Default A Few Questions

A big hello to every one...
    I joined this forum recently.I am an Indian and Currently I am working in Singapore since last 4 yrs. We are planning to move to NZ. I am in process to submit my EOI with my family details. While filling up EOI I caught with few questions which are mentioned below:

1. Do I need to get IELTS score if I can submit the letter from my institue that My course was in complete English being an primary applicant?

2. My degree is recognized at NZQA (Master of Science) and before Jun-2011 change my institute was also recognized but now they removed from the recognized institute list. DO I still need to assess my qualification.

3. My husband's institute is recognized but his degree is now not under NZQA recognized qualification list. He has done MCA but his bachelor degree is recognized so do we still need to go for NZ qualification assessment.

Your quick response/advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello.

1. No. A letter should suffice. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm That said, some COs have an automatic reaction - 'Where is your IELTS?' - when faced with an application without one, so it is advisable to mention in your cover letter that you are sending a different form of proof, and normally, a reply reminding them does the trick. Bear in mind that a CO has the right to ask for IELTS after all, as mentioned at the link, in case of doubt.

2. Yes, you have to have your qualification assessed. INZ will be going by the current list, not a previous version. Notice, this list does not go by a degree, and an institution, separately - the courses have been checked as that-degree-from-that-institution, and the dates mentioned are also specific and have to be taken into account.

3. If you need the points from your husband's qualification, you need to be sure that it is either exempted, or assessed. Again, as mentioned for answer 2 just above, be sure it's the degree he has, from the institution that awarded it, within the dates given on the exempt list. If his bachelor degree is enough to get you the points, you don't have to bother with the MCA.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello.

1. No. A letter should suffice. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm That said, some COs have an automatic reaction - 'Where is your IELTS?' - when faced with an application without one, so it is advisable to mention in your cover letter that you are sending a different form of proof, and normally, a reply reminding them does the trick. Bear in mind that a CO has the right to ask for IELTS after all, as mentioned at the link, in case of doubt.

2. Yes, you have to have your qualification assessed. INZ will be going by the current list, not a previous version. Notice, this list does not go by a degree, and an institution, separately - the courses have been checked as that-degree-from-that-institution, and the dates mentioned are also specific and have to be taken into account.

3. If you need the points from your husband's qualification, you need to be sure that it is either exempted, or assessed. Again, as mentioned for answer 2 just above, be sure it's the degree he has, from the institution that awarded it, within the dates given on the exempt list. If his bachelor degree is enough to get you the points, you don't have to bother with the MCA.
    Hi , Thanks a ton for your prompt and satisfying answers . Richa

Richa,

1. If a letter/certificate from your institution states the medium to be English, that should suffice. However, it is better to get an IELTS score.
    2. You will have to get it assessed as it is no longer in the exempt list.
    3. Same as your case, he will need to get MCA assessed if that is what you are claiming points for. If it is the Bachelor's and appears as exempted, your partner doesn't need to be assessed.

Hope this helps!

Hi,
    Thanks to both of you.

I have one more question please help me.

What is difference between PAR(pre assessment result) and IQA(International qualification assessment) as I need to submit the same for my qualification.

Regards
    Richa

For PAR, they go by the names of things as provided in your information, whereas for IQA, they look at the syllabus, transcripts and mark sheets of the qualification, so they examine subjects studied, for how long, at what depth, for how many credits, with what result, and compare this with NZ qualifications and to get a level.

Despite what it says on the NZQA website (PAR for EOI, IQA for ITA), it really is not necessary to do a PAR at all. IQA is acceptable for EOI, and you will need it in due course anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    For PAR, they go by the names of things as provided in your information, whereas for IQA, they look at the syllabus, transcripts and mark sheets of the qualification, so they examine subjects studied, for how long, at what depth, for how many credits, with what result, and compare this with NZ qualifications and to get a level.

Despite what it says on the NZQA website (PAR for EOI, IQA for ITA), it really is not necessary to do a PAR at all. IQA is acceptable for EOI, and you will need it in due course anyway.
    You mean for EOI I can submit my PAR.

Yes. But if you don't have either PAR or IQA yet, don't bother getting PAR - go straight for IQA, which you HAVE to have for any non-exempt qualification at the ITA stage.

Thanks a lot JandM. understand the importance of IQA. I'll go for IQA.