Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-paid Courier Bag to NZQA

Default Pre-paid Courier Bag to NZQA

Folks,

I've got a strange problem here. I'm trying to get my qualifications recognised by the NZQA in order to get more points for the EOI. Now the NZQA want original documents sent and they've asked for a pre-paid courier bag in order to resend the documents back to us.

So off I go to Fed-Ex and UPS to ask for this and they basically said they never heard of a pre-paid courier bag and that it was impossible ?!?

Has anyone got any experiencing of sending a courier to NZQA or anyone in NZ and enclosing a pre-paid courier bag? If so then which company did you use ?

Also if we don't enclose a pre-paid courier bag, does anyone know if the NZQA return the documents via a courier or normal post. I know they charge 36 dollars for return document fee.

Cheers
    Starkhorn

If you are here in NZ you would use the NZ post shop.

I paid the $39 but I suggest that when you send it all, copy a set for yourself as well as the copy for NZQA, and send it Fully Trackable, the only way I can check is when they take the money off my Credit card :-( I also scanned every page, including the form for extra peace of mind

Had to do the same. If you go to any post office, you can buy a prepaid registered courier bag/envelope. I assume you are in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by katandbob
    I paid the $39 but I suggest that when you send it all, copy a set for yourself as well as the copy for NZQA, and send it Fully Trackable, the only way I can check is when they take the money off my Credit card :-( I also scanned every page, including the form for extra peace of mind
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I can send it to them, fully trackable via a courier no problem. My fear or problem is that I can't seem to find any courier that does pre-paid trackable courier bags/envelopes which I found to be really strange.

So you paid the $39 return documents fee then rather than sending them a courier bag? Did they send it back via normal post or courier? Just a matter of interest, did they need to return the docs to you internationally or are you already based in NZ?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to figure out if my original certificates will be safe with the NZQA by just paying them the $39 dollars.

I'd be most freaked if I lost my original docs in the post.

Cheers
    Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by cornerofsilence
    If you are here in NZ you would use the NZ post shop.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I'm based in France so alas that won't work for myself. Sorry I should have mentioned that I was sending the docs internationally and that the NZQA would be obviously returning them to me internationally.

Cheers
    Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Jade
    Had to do the same. If you go to any post office, you can buy a prepaid registered courier bag/envelope. I assume you are in UK.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I'm based in France....sorry I should have mentioned that. My mistake.

I went into the bureau du poste last week and asked them about doing this with a service called colissimo (a bit like parcel force). They said no problems within Europe, and that it was possible to send to a destination outside of europe. But that the pre-paid return was impossible for a destination outside of Europe.......no idea why.......

Cheers
    Brendan

No I have not got them back, I sent them on 9th Sept. my credit card has not been charged so I have no idea where mine are at the moment :-(

but as soon as I have some info I will post it -

Cheers
    Kat

Credit card had money taken out on 19th, then on the 22nd I got an email from the NZQA asking me to deal with OCR, the awarding body as they want £22 to verifiy that I did the exam and the certificates mine!

out comes the chequebook again

We decided in the end to pay the return documents fee. We sent out the package to NZ about 2 weeks and we've just received this morning our original documents back again via DHL.

They are now verifying the qualifications so we are just hoping there are no problems. But anyway it seems that paying the return documents fee is a fairly safe and fast way to do it. It was certainly easier and cheaper for us to do it that way rather than trying to find a courier bag.

Just thought to let people know our experience of it.

Cheers
    Starkhorn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast