Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We brought some rain

Default We brought some rain

We have been here since Wed and have brought some much needed rain to the BOP. I actually looked up at the sky tonight and it was the most amazing night sky I have ever seen. We have just been getting set up here and everything seems to be going smoothly. I am also getting used to driving on the other side of the road. Just follow the car in front of me. The kids are loving it here. They don't even want to come inside at all.

I already miss my family and friends but that isn't surprising. This board helped me so much! Thank you to everyone.

Haere Mai o Aotearoa

Glad to hear you're happy, and all good wishes for the busy times just ahead.

I am also getting used to driving on the other side of the road. Just follow the car in front of me.
    Please SPECIALLY take care when starting out from a layby or petrol station. We get lots of tourists used to driving on the right in our area of the UK, and so often, accidents involving them happen when they've just had a short break and revert to long ingrained habit.

Welcome!! It is good that you brought some rain, because when you turn the corner and turn your windshield wipers on by mistake (instead of the indicator) you won't look so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    Welcome!! It is good that you brought some rain, because when you turn the corner and turn your windshield wipers on by mistake (instead of the indicator) you won't look so silly.
    Too true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    I have done that atleast a dozen times already. I also keep looking over my right shoulder and turning my head more than half way to see where I am reversing. Would be a lot easier if I would just look over my left shoulder instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LVKris View Post
    I am also getting used to driving on the other side of the road. Just follow the car in front of me.
    The strangest thing to us the first time we went to NZ was that they do drive on 'our' side of the road. We are so used, in the UK, that if you go abroad anywhere generally you have to drive on the other side of the road.

Don't worry you will soon get the hang of it

Just remember that as the driver, you should be sitting closest to the center line of the road.

Welcome LVKris, ping me if you need anything. I am so thrilled you and the family arrived safely. The Autumn days are stunning right now, enjoy.
    As for driving on the other side of the road...I have weeks and weeks that I am totally fine and then I fall back into an American mind set and walk to the wrong side of the car. So strange. If your friends are on iPhones, you can get a plan here fairly easily and facetime with them for free. This what I do with my mum daily, so that has helped heaps. Cheers.

As for driving on the other side of the road...I have weeks and weeks that I am totally fine and then I fall back into an American mind set and walk to the wrong side of the car.

I did that today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast