Thread: Visa declined. Return to home country/apply for visa offshore

Default Visa declined. Return to home country/apply for visa offshore

Hi

I am new to all this visa stuff. My partner has to leave by the 20th of next month and apply for a visa offshore/from his home country (India). I don't know what to do. We have a 1month old child and INZ say he has no choice but to return back to his country. Would he be able to get a visa to come back to NZ ?

please elaborate more.
    why does he has to go back?
    whats your status?
    etc etc.

He was on a student visa when he first arrived here in 2010. Applied for work visa (partnership) last year which got declined and also appeal against deportation on humanitarian grounds also declined this year 20th Feb. Now he is currently in NZ unlawfully and will have to return back to India to apply for residence and also temporary visa (work visa/partnership) again so he can return.

And are you a NZ national, or what visa are you on?

Oh sorry. I'm NZ Born. Citizen

As your partner's visa has expired, I assume he has been served a deportation order (DO).
    If this has been served a DO he will have a minimum period of 2 years before he can apply for a visa to NZ.
    If a deportation order has not been served before he leaves NZ, he can apply for a visa at any time, though Immigration may require proof that he is of good character .

More information is available here

Okay. Nope he hasn't been served a DO yet. Do you know if he is applying for a visa to re-enter NZ would he have to get a police certificate for both India and NZ or just India ?

Here are all the details. He may not need to supply police certificates again, if he submitted them for a previous application recently enough. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cecertificate/