Thread: Tuition fees / other requirements for Uni

Question Tuition fees / other requirements for Uni

Hello
    I would like to know what are the requirements if a new immigrant would want to study in a NZ university.
    If I would eventually find a suitable job, then me and my wife will get there with the first flight.

1). What would be the real cost / year for a student (she finished 2 years ago inormatics+math, but she does not like the domanin Now... she wants something related to health care) ?
    2). what are the requirements (english level / others) for an immigrant would want to do the above?
    3). would she have time to get a job in parallel with her school, if all other requirements would be met?

I have read a bit about the subject here: http://www.otago.ac.nz/study/fees/

Thank you for your time.

For questions 1 and 2, you need to look at the websites of universities she is thinking of attending. Requirements may vary. Once you have Residence, she would be eligible for domestic rate fees, but she could not get any student loan till you have been in the country on the residence visa for two years.

The answer to question 3 would also be specific to the course she chooses, I imagine, as time commitments vary. Her own energy level and determination would make a difference, too. I once knew a student who was not eligible for government help, but who supported herself through her course (and passed it) by working a tea-time job and an evening job all through the week, then all day Saturday, and all through the vacations. Meanwhile, other people without such commitments were complaining about how tough the studying was.

Sounds doable, thank you JandM.