Thread: Reg: Secondary applicant interview

Question Reg: Secondary applicant interview

Hi All,

I have a small query.

Will the interview be conducted only for Primary Applicant? (Or) it will be done for Partner as well in the later stage?

CO mentioned that interview will be conducted only for Primary Applicant at this time.
    CO said it is not required for Secondary Applicant as of now.

So will there be any interview for Partner? (We are claiming points for Partner as well). If Partner's interview is not required, will the visa be given as JSV? or are there any chances of getting Residence directly?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Raju.

There are no definite answers to give you, because every INZ CO has the right to interview any applicant, for any reason that arises, at any time.

HOWEVER, I don't remember an instance of the secondary applicant being called to be interviewed separately. If the CO wants to talk to him/her, it has always been at the same time as the principal applicant, and they've said so beforehand.

If Partner's interview is not required, will the visa be given as JSV? or are there any chances of getting Residence directly?
    There is NO connection between interviewing the partner and having the offer of SMC JSV rather than residence. The decision between those two possibilities (and rejection) is ALL down to the answers made during the interview. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm Don't start inventing things to be worried about!

Hi JandM,

Thank you very much.

Another question. . My previous employers were not contacted yet but the interview is over.

Will INZ contact now all my previous employers? CO did not update anything on the Back Ground verification.

Any clue on that?

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju.

There is no telling. The CO would be within their rights to do it, but may not do so.

Thanks JandM.

Now the waiting period starts for 3-4 weeks (CO said in the call).

Regards,
    Raju.

Hey Raju
    Ur interview is scheduled which means they have done with their assessment process. So it's highly unlikely that they now do the background check.

Hi Zednic20,

Thank you very much for the information.

Did you get the outcome of your interview? Is it with Shanghai branch or London branch?

Regards,
    Raju.