Thread: Can I change my job??

Question Can I change my job??

HI, I have already applied for my residency under SMC with job. I just want to know that can I change my job. My application is still under process... I have not assigned with CO yet... Any response will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Sabi

Hi,

I do not see a problem here as long as you keep INZ informed about the change in your employement status. I changed my job after my ITA was submitted and it was under processing (no CO assigned at that time) and I did not have any issue, in this regard, when the ITA was assigned to a CO. CO asked me to update any change since I filed my ITA and I summarized all the changes (in my case, employment and address) although I have reported them separately earlier as when they happened.

Quote Originally Posted by sabi89 View Post
    HI, I have already applied for my residency under SMC with job. I just want to know that can I change my job. My application is still under process... I have not assigned with CO yet... Any response will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Sabi
    It looks like you are in NZ already..., so your new job would probably need to meet all the requirements for the SMC visa as did the old one. I am sure someone with more experience will come along and reply.

What Renate said seems right, and also, if you're in NZ working, the new job would also have to fit the requirements of your current work visa.

hi Thanks a lot sramn, Renate and JandM, i think i should stay on my job until i get residency i am currently on 2 years graduate work visa..