Thread: NZQA - International Qualifications Assessment

Default NZQA - International Qualifications Assessment

I hope somebody can help with this query.

I have received a job offer from an accredited employer in Christchurch and my profession is on the Long Term Skill Shortage List.

I am trying to establish which is the best Work to Residence visa to apply for, i.e. based on the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work category or the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work category.

It appears that my degree is not exempt from assessment by the NZQA so do I need to have an IQA (International Qualifications Assessment) carried out with either of the visa routes or is the IQA only relevant for permanent residence visa applications?

Thank you.

Are you intending to apply for Residence via the Skilled Migrant Category, as well as/alongside the work visa?

Hi JandM.

I will only be applying for a Work to Residence visa at this stage - not permanent residence via the skilled migrant category.

Thanks.

I believe that if you go for the Talent visa, through the accredited employer, there is less requirement on you to prove things about yourself, including not having to produce an IQA, but I'm not certain on this. Somebody may come up with some personal experience shortly.

Would anyone know if a degree not exempt from assessment by the NZQA needs to have an IQA (International Qualifications Assessment) carried out if a Work to Residence: Long Term Skill Shortage List visa is applied for?

Thanks in advance