Thread: Unclear PAR result Please Clarify

Default Unclear PAR result Please Clarify

Dear All,

Since my last EOI was unsuccessful due to non-recognized of qualification, I applied for PAR and got result today.

I am Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical engineering and completed on 2002, My PAR result is unclear, this is the mail received from NZQA:

"Thank you for your application.

The Pre-assessment Result for your nominated qualification, Bachelor of Engineering awarded in 2002 by University of Madras, UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS
    UNIVERSITY BUILDINGS, CHEPAUK
    CHENNAI
    TAMILNADU-600005, India.

Pre-assessment Result:

On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 7 on the New Zealand Qualification Framework."

My question is whether the PAR described Bachelor of Engineering degree with level 7 or just generic Bachelor degree with level 7. If it is bachelor of Engineering degree then Can I claim 60 points with LTSSL binus point?.

My LTSSL requirement is follows,

"A Washington Accord accredited
    engineering degree OR
    Either a qualification comparable
    to a:
    Bachelor of Engineering, or
    Bachelor of Engineering (with
    Honours), or Master of Engineering
    degree OR
    A qualification at Level 7 or higher
    with a letter from IPENZ certifying
    that the degree and any further
    learning meets the academic
    requirements for registration as a
    ‘Chartered Professional Engineer’
    in New Zealand OR
    NZ registration as a ‘Chartered
    Professional Engineer’"

Please help on this, your reply highly appreciated.

The PAR result is specific to the qualification that was assessed. So, in your case, your qualification of Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical engineering from University of Madras, completed on 2002 is assessed equivalent to Level 7 on the NZQA framework. Please note that there could change in the level when you go for a full assessment (IQA) with NZQA as IQA would be made based on the subjects you studied, what was syllabus followed, the dept of the knowledge that the prescribed syllabus would impart on the students etc. You can expect a few queries from the assessment officer during your IQA process especially on the project/thesis work that you might have done as part of your degree.

Quote Originally Posted by sramn View Post
    The PAR result is specific to the qualification that was assessed. So, in your case, your qualification of Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical engineering from University of Madras, completed on 2002 is assessed equivalent to Level 7 on the NZQA framework. Please note that there could change in the level when you go for a full assessment (IQA) with NZQA as IQA would be made based on the subjects you studied, what was syllabus followed, the dept of the knowledge that the prescribed syllabus would impart on the students etc. You can expect a few queries from the assessment officer during your IQA process especially on the project/thesis work that you might have done as part of your degree.
    Thanks Sramn, Ok am on the way to fill my new EOI with PAR result.