Thread: Recruitment agent disinterest

Default Recruitment agent disinterest

Great example of a recruitment agency who don't want overseas candidates: http://www.enterprise.co.nz/-36936/c...-to-immigrate/

I've experienced a fair bit of apathy from other agencies (a complete contrast to UK agents), but I was quite amazed by this. I'm sure there must be some candidates who aren't aware they need a visa, but wouldn't it just have been easier to say "we only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in NZ with current citizenship, residence, or visa"?

PB

The way I read it they are not saying they don't want overseas candidates - just stating that you need a work visa to work here and covering themselves with all that legal jargon. It is quite normal to be asked for copies of your passport and work visas, not just for jobs but for children starting school etc.

Ah, ok, maybe it's just my view being jaundiced by some of the other agencies.

A bit of text at the end saying something like "we're still interested in overseas candidates for some roles, please send us your CV" would have reduced the negativity of that page though.

99% of the 'adds' of Enterprise Recruitment that fit me from Seek say:
    "To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in New Zealand with current and appropriate visas and be available for a face to face interview in <city>".