Thread: Reg: Opportunities for C++/C# developer

Question Reg: Opportunities for C++/C# developer

Hi All,

I have total 8 years of experience in C++, C#.

My interview is over and I am checking all possibilities of moving to NZ if JSV/Residence is approved.

I heard that job market in NZ may be very slow after August. Is it true? If it is true, what will be the good time to come to NZ for getting a s/w job?

Also, what is the position of software developer jobs in NZ currently? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Raju.

I check seek and trademe daily, and there are plenty of jobs for sw devs. Create an account(on seek) and check your domain for a week or two, after the few days set the filter to "show results from last 3 days" and you`ll see what pops up daily.

Don't get carried away by the jobs that you see on SEEK and Trademe. Applying is easy but getting calls is tough. Been here for 3 weeks now. If you've got a niche skill set or if you ensure that you've got majority of the skills advertised in the jobs advertised on SEEK, it should be a breeze for you. Secondly, here interviews are focused on behavior as well and not just technical. Hence, be prepared for questions testing your personality and ability to work well in a team. All the best

I have been monitoring the seek.co.nz website, and saw a big decline of IT jobs in December and it went up again in mid January. You may see a decline from mid November as well. Many companies seem to go on vacations from mid December to mid January. I expect this year to be the same. I will be arriving in Auckland with my wife in June. I can gladly share our experience when we get there. Good luck.

From what I have seen, the C# openings are more of web development(asp.NET) and Database. I assume you are a windows desktop applications developer(C++ and C#. I have the same skill set. No web development experience). I am flying to Auckland in May.

Raju, I think market for C++ / embedded is very good, if you are knowledgeable in that area
    Bill Joy at Match 2 Technical might be worth talking

Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing the information... Srivatsa, I am also from Desktop application development.

Nativecolo, I will try to learn embedded systems if possible. Any idea on which one to give more stress?

Joebeep, Arekkusudesu: Thank you. Please share us your experiences.

AntonescuM: Thank you. I subscribed in seek. I am getting daily updates. I tried in Trademe. But I think it is location constraint. We might need to send mail explicitly to activate our account.

Regards,
    Raju.